Blank Solar Flux Info

KC7X
Novice Class

Blank Solar Flux Info

Post by KC7X »

Everything about my Log4OM2 installation is working nicely so far except the Solar Flux Information. Using the "View -> Solar Data" command, I am seeing a chart of sunspot prediction on the "Prediction" tab, but the "Monthly A Index", "Current K Index", and "Sunspots" graphs are all blank. Also, the Kp, A, SFI, and Sunspot counts at the top of the main screen all say zero. Any idea why?

BTW, I have tried using the "Settings -> Maintenance -> Reload Solar Data" function, but it doesn't seem to help. And I have waited past the scheduled time of the "Update Solar Data" scheduled in the Program Scheduler. I am using Version 2.18.0.0.

Thanks...
Last edited by KC7X on 19 Jan 2022, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.
73's,

Rick - KC7X
--... ...-- -.. . -.- -.-. --... -..-
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Blank Solar Flux Info

Post by G4POP »

Working here, what Log4OM version are you using - Help/About

Screenshot 2022-01-18 084555.png
Screenshot 2022-01-18 084555.png (117.73 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
73 Terry G4POP
KC7X
Novice Class

Post by KC7X »

Version 2.18.0.0
73's,

Rick - KC7X
KC7X
Novice Class

Post by KC7X »

BTW, when I started up Log4OM2 this morning, I received an alert that solar data had been updated. But still nothing showing up in View -> Solar Data and the main screen still showing zeroes for Kp, A, SFI, and sunspots.
73's,

Rick - KC7X
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KC7X wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 16:58 BTW, when I started up Log4OM2 this morning, I received an alert that solar data had been updated. But still nothing showing up in View -> Solar Data and the main screen still showing zeroes for Kp, A, SFI, and sunspots.
Rick,

Solar is set to update "hourly". Every time it updates you will get alert in the small icon area just to the lower-left of the Note Box in the Main UI.

If you go to Configuration / Program Scheduler you can view to see the default settings for when the many elements that are used in Log4OM V2 are updated.

As for blank displays and possibly your e-mail issue you might want to add Log4OM2 to access through your firewall.

I happen to use Windows Defender and I have many APPs in the "Allow APP and features".

I don't know what firewall you are using and each of them have their own routine to "allow" an APP access.

BTW - I am using an e-mail address that is 'secure' and do not have any issues with it. I've also tested e-mail accounts with various domains and have not experienced what you have noted in that thread.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KC7X
Novice Class

Post by KC7X »

Hi and thanks for the reply, Nolan. Yes, the Solar Updates are scheduled hourly with the scheduler and I have received notification that they are supposedly updating, but I still don't see any data.

As for the firewall, I had the same suspicions. I am also using Windows Defender and have verified that Log4OM2 is allowed access. That doesn't seem to be the issue at present. But good call on suggesting it might be.

Update: I solved the secure email issue. It wasn't the firewall. See the other thread for that one. I still am not seeing any solar data.

73's,

Rick - KC7X
73's,

Rick - KC7X
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rick,

Another thought (I should have asked earlier) ... when you click on a spot in your cluster or even enter in a callsign in the Main UI ... what do you see when you then click on the Propagation (F9) ?

If you see data there then you do have VOACAP "enabled" at Configuration / VOACAP Propagation

If you still do not see data from the View / Solar Data selection I'll have to admit I'm stumped. Mine is working FB as Terry has noted above as well.

I'm sure another team member will chime in with some suggestions.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KC7X
Novice Class

Post by KC7X »

Nolan asked:
when you click on a spot in your cluster or even enter in a callsign in the Main UI ... what do you see when you then click on the Propagation (F9) ?
I see the propagation graph, raw data, and propagation maps as they should be.

And yes, VOACAP is enabled.

But still no Solar Data when doing a View -> Solar Data, and the Kp, A, SFI, and Sunspot count on the main UI are still all zero.

I am debating whether or not I should just try reinstalling Log4OM2 to see if the problem "goes away". I would hate to risk all the work that I have put into the configuration and database setup, though, if I did.

73's,

Rick - KC7X
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I would try a fresh install after having done a backup but install to 'Run as an administrator' (Right click install file and select 'Run as administrator')

Use default paths during the install, dont get clever and install to external drives etc
73 Terry G4POP
KC7X
Novice Class

Post by KC7X »

Hi Terry,

I just uninstalled and re-installed Log4OM2 V2.18.0.0 as administrator (and even downloaded a new copy to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the download). I got the same results as before. Everything is working fine except for solar data. Still no solar data displayed in the charts when I use View -> Solar Data, and the summary on the main UI page still shows zeroes for Kp, A, SFI, and sunspots.
73's,

Rick - KC7X