DB_Update in 2.19

G3ZSS
Old Man

DB_Update in 2.19

Post by G3ZSS »

Can someone help with the setup of the new Database Updated (DB_UPDATED) function in 2.19.0
I am expecting that when Log4OM on one PC is updated then the log in another instance of Log4OM on a different PC will get updated? This is my settings (identical on both PCs);
DB Update.JPG
DB Update.JPG (50.89 KiB) Viewed 795 times
One PC is my HF station which runs Windows 10 and MySQL Database server. My second PC runs my VHF station also running Log4OM 2.19 and connecting to the same MySQL database. With these settings any update to my VHF log does not show up on the main log (HF station) unless I reload Log4OM. Ideas??
73 Peter G3ZSS
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DB_Update in 2.19

Post by G4POP »

Providing both instances of Log4OM are using the same database (Same path to file in Settings/Program config/database) then a UDP connection is not required.

The only reason to use a UDP exchange of data would be if one instance of Log4OM was version 1 and the other version 2
73 Terry G4POP
G3ZSS
Old Man

Re: DB_Update in 2.19

Post by G3ZSS »

Thanks Terry. I obviously misread the use of DB_UPDATED in the Release Notes. I was hoping that when either PC updated the same MySQL database then the UDP command would trigger the other PC to refresh the "Recent QSO (F7)" screen. Maybe a future idea?
73 Peter G3ZSS