Since update RXBand and RXFrequency not logged

M0XYG
Advanced Class

Since update RXBand and RXFrequency not logged

Post by M0XYG »

Hi.
I did the update to 2.19 on 26th Jan and since doing that my log no longer contains RX Band or RX Frequency data, only zeros. It previously matched the TX frequency automatically and recorded them fine. Is this just an update glitch or op. error or Omnirig not playing now properly with 2.19 issue?
I don't think its op error as my daughters log has also done the same and neither of us changed any settings and Omnirig hasn't been changed from pre update.
If you press split on the rig the RX Freq and RX Band populate as you would expect them to. Turning off split puts the RX and and RXFreq back to zeros.

Not connected to the above directly but I also noticed that Lat and Lon fields of the other station seems not to be logged too, only filled with zeros being recorded in the QSO manager automatically. However, manually highlighting the records in QSO manager then clicking the 'update info' button to get info from external sources that populates the lat and lon field properly. Should this be a automatic?

Any help gratefully received on these issues.

Icom 7300 is the rig.

Thanks for a good product.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Since update RXBand and RXFrequency not logged

Post by G4POP »

Again

Because it is redundant data, when it's the same as the TX frequency

This from ADIF.org: standard

BAND_RX = in a split frequency QSO, the logging station's receiving band
FREQ_RX = in a split frequency QSO, the logging station's receiving frequency in Megahertz

So it's redundant unless working split
73 Terry G4POP
SP5NZF
Novice Class

Re: Since update RXBand and RXFrequency not logged

Post by SP5NZF »

It might SEEM obsolete if they are equal.
L4O reads my G90 freq via Omnirig without split.
Before "enhancement" manual correction of 1 field (Tx Freq) was easy, Rx would stay untouched.
The data stored properly depicted real-world (Rx freq=Tx freq).
The ADIF output rule (export empty Rx when Rx=Tx) I'd put in ADIF output function (encapsulation of logic within it's domain leading to more maintainable architecture).

So this "enhancement" made me (instead of just adjusting Tx Freq field) both copy Tx Freq to Rx Freq (or manually enter it from scratch) and change the Tx Freq.
In my opinion it has also spread ADIF output logic into multiple places (read CAT, store to DB, search on frequencies, reporting, ADIF export).

So I'd say this change is not welcome neither from me as a user nor architectural point of view.