CQ Zone is not correct

KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CQ Zone is not correct

Post by KI5IO »

9k2hn wrote: 14 May 2022, 16:18 I just updated to the new beta (2.22.0.09) and the problem still there the zone number is not correct, am I the only one reporting this? two of my friends also have the same issue too
Hamad,

As a test go to: Settings / Program Configuration / Info Providers-Configuration

Turn OFF (uncheck) using Clublog and CTY databases.

Change Realtime Logging to External Source (I use the 'paid for' QRZ access).

Then check to see if the ITU and CQ zones found are "more correct".

Pls advise what you experience with such adjustments.

I've been testing using such a configuration to help debug this issue and we've made Lele aware of the issue.

Image below shows some selections I've made for testing.

Attachments
config-infoproviders-2.JPG
config-infoproviders-2.JPG (91.29 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Post by 9k2hn »

I have done exactly what you asked me to do and the problem is still there but for some weird reason when I tried the call W6YA I got the correct the zone number which is cq zone 3, I have no idea why this is happening, is this problem happening to you?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

9k2hn wrote: 14 May 2022, 18:24 I have done exactly what you asked me to do and the problem is still there but for some weird reason when I tried the call W6YA I got the correct the zone number which is cq zone 3, I have no idea why this is happening, is this problem happening to you?
Hamad,

Yes ... I am experiencing the same situation. I've particularly noticed a number of ITU/CQ zone change 'corrections" when I do a download from LOTW. I participate in the SST (slow version of CWT) and most all Q's are USA-based OMs.

I was noticing the QRZ lookup was (for the most part as no d/b is perfect) was pretty much accurate, but once the Q was saved it had the ITU/CQ zone value changed. Thus I started turning off the Clublog and CTY d/b lookups. Then it seemed to be 'more correct/ more often'.

Since I turned off Clublog/CTY the LOTW confirmations I'm getting are not being 'corrected' from that site.

So ... something is not quite right in how Log4OM is processing some data.

We've made sure Lele is aware of this, but have not seen any alpha or beta releases for testing yet. I'm sure it will be sorted before too much longer.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
9k2hn
Advanced Class

Post by 9k2hn »

Good to know that I am not alone with this issue.
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

I am having some of the same problem that the others are or had with previous versions. My version is 2.31.0.0. I have noticed it since I moved to new QTH, so luckily the new log database is under 500.
What I do is sometimes the FT8 mode when i use Log4OM 2.13.0.0, WSJT 2.6.1. and JTAlert 2.62 sometimes the name doesn't populate so I double click the contact QSO. Then I go to Refresh Data and have noticed both the ITU and CQ zones change. I have populated some of the QSO names so now thy are wrong before I noticed the changes to ITU and CQ zones. For example VA3WHU Canada is ITU #4 and CQ #4. you go to Refresh Data and it will change it to ITU #2 and CQ #5. I chaecked the Onterio area from another website and it shows ITU #4 and CQ #4. Here are my screenshots.
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (14).png (31.66 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Hope this makes sense. LOL

Sorry if this has been discussed and I haven't seen it. If this needs posted somewhere else let me know.

Thanks all for the help.
Attachments
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (16).png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 312 times
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (15).png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 312 times
KS4VOL
Novice Class

Post by KS4VOL »

Sorry it does it on the USA QSO as well and it is not just my FT8 QSO's. It happens to some that info in the name and distance does not show up and when you do as I stated before it happens.

Thanks again