Version Numbers and Betas

M0XYG
Advanced Class

Version Numbers and Betas

Post by M0XYG »

Hi Alpha Team.

Just thought you need to know this so it can be looked at as it could cause some confusion issues for users of your great product.
There is currently something adrift with Version numbers and Betas referencing along with the in program about information reporting that will confuse some newer users.

The website still says it is recommended to download the stable version 2.21.1.0 which seems the right thing to happen from a user perspective but I have seen a couple of forum posts which are now tell users to download the Beta version as it seems to be a first step in problem solution. Is downloading a Beta the best thing, especially for those newer users, that already seem to be having an issue with the stable version? That point aside. Once downloaded, the beta version pop up (and also from the exclamation mark icon popup) shows there is a new version available but that shows that 'new' version is 2.21.1.0 despite the new Beta being 2.22.0.8 as of yesterday.
Further, clicking the 2.22.0.8 about popup from the top menu then select release notes tab only shows release notes from 2.22.0.7 so it's unclear what changed, regardless of that if a new user follows the pop up versioning direction notifications then they could be duped into redownload the stable version, negating the advice given to download the Beta in the first place.
I have been running the beta 2.22.07 and had no idea for example that .08 was released yesterday as I had simply been clicking and ignored the pop up about 2.21.1.0 being available as I realised it was a retro step, others may not.

Thanks for your work on a great program.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Version Numbers and Betas

Post by G4POP »

You can turn off the check for updates flag in the config

We forgot to update the file which caused the reference to 2.22.0.7
73 Terry G4POP