Merging logs together

2E0GUB
Novice Class

Merging logs together

Post by 2E0GUB »

Hello all, new user here, just registered and have a few questions.

I've been using Log4OM for about a year now and really like it, it's great.

So, my question is this....

I have a main log file and another one from when I was working portable, what I would like to know is how can I merge them together so that the portable QSOs are put into my main log?

What I've tried:

I've tried exporting the portable log and then importing that into the main log. The first time I did this, the QSOs never imported, but what I did notice is that it messed by book up, there were QSOs entered in a date I hadn't made them and on modes I hadn't made them on - date and times on the relevant computers is fine.

Tried again and it did import the QSOs, but it did the same messing of the log files up - luckily I made back ups first, so I still have the original logs. I will probably manually enter them, but just wanted to know if anyone has been successful in doing this?

Thanks
Ant
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Merging logs together

Post by G4POP »

You dont state the Log4OM version number your using ?????????

However I advise you to update to Beta 2.22.0.8 and try importing again because I recall that sometime in recent weeks we made the date parameters more friendly. Download here https://www.log4om.com/download/

Its clearly a date format setting thats different in your two PC's so another way would be to make a new database on the main PC and import the portable log ADIF to it. Then export the QSO's from the main PC ready for re-import to your original database - That procedure should ensure the date format is acceptable
73 Terry G4POP
2E0GUB
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GUB »

That's a lot of question marks! Anyway, that's right, I didn't, but It's V2.18

Clearly a date format setting error? Date and format is fine.

Both logs were made on the same PC and the import attempt was done on the same PC, so there isn't another PC in question.

Thanks.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did the QSO's originate from an external program like WSJT or FLDigi or did you input them manually into Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

2E0GUB wrote: 12 May 2022, 11:22 It's V2.18

You deffinately need to update
73 Terry G4POP
2E0GUB
Novice Class

Post by 2E0GUB »

I've downloaded 2.21.1, let's see what happens.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4POP wrote: 12 May 2022, 11:30
2E0GUB wrote: 12 May 2022, 11:22 It's V2.18

You deffinately need to update
I recommended
However I advise you to update to Beta 2.22.0.8 and try importing again because I recall that sometime in recent weeks we made the date parameters more friendly. Download here https://www.log4om.com/download/
73 Terry G4POP