IC-7300 Setup

N6RSH
Novice Class

IC-7300 Setup

Post by N6RSH »

Hello,

I have been able to try LOG4OM 2 and I LOVE IT. It is the logger I have been looking for. But I have been having problems.

1) When I go to settings and set it up for my radio, it won't remember it the next time I start the program. Which leads to...
2) When I close the program, it won't completely close. I get a window that says LoTW delay 120 sec (or something like that) and hangs there. The only way I can get the program to end is to go to my Task Manager and end the task.

I can't seem to COMPLETELY uninstall the program and reinstall because it comes back with my log book data still there. After a re-install it performs the same way every time.
I am sure I did something wrong, but I can't seem toe get a complete removal of the program in order to start fresh.

PLEASE HELP! I really want to get this working because it is everything I want in a Logger.

Thank You and 73,
Steve N6RSH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: IC-7300 Setup

Post by KI5IO »

N6RSH wrote: 16 May 2022, 01:40 Hello,

I have been able to try LOG4OM 2 and I LOVE IT. It is the logger I have been looking for. But I have been having problems.

1) When I go to settings and set it up for my radio, it won't remember it the next time I start the program. Which leads to...
2) When I close the program, it won't completely close. I get a window that says LoTW delay 120 sec (or something like that) and hangs there. The only way I can get the program to end is to go to my Task Manager and end the task.

I can't seem to COMPLETELY uninstall the program and reinstall because it comes back with my log book data still there. After a re-install it performs the same way every time.
I am sure I did something wrong, but I can't seem toe get a complete removal of the program in order to start fresh.

PLEASE HELP! I really want to get this working because it is everything I want in a Logger.

Thank You and 73,
Steve N6RSH
Steve,

What version of Log4OM are you using? The current version is: v.2.22.0.9

What CAT engine did you select when you did your initial installation? Hamlib or Omnirig?

Did you follow the Icom IC7300 CAT control directions starting on Page 26 of the "current" User Guide?

Have you look at the EMERGENCIES section of the "current" User Guide starting on Page 237?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N6RSH
Novice Class

Re: IC-7300 Setup

Post by N6RSH »

Well, I seem to have the Logger fixed. I went to a apdata directories and deleted any instance of LOG4OM then reinstalled (I am NOT using the newest BETA version) and, thanks to YOU, I followed the directions on page 26 (you mean there's a manual hi hi) and got the program to 1) work and 2) properly turn off.

Now I have to play around with fldigi to get it to work with LOG4OM. When I retired, I hade more time to play with the radios. I started with DXlabs, which worked well but was complicated. Then I started using fldigi which is a GREAT digital software but not much of a logger. I then paid for HRD because it had nice bells and whistles but didn't meet MY needes. Neither one had the perfect balance between logging simplicity and functionality. LOG4OM 2 is the logger I was looking for. I will enjoy migrating back to fldigi and will need to take the time to get it to work with the logger.

WORTH IT!!! (so far...)

Thanks for your help and 73.
Steve N6RSH