Winkeyer not recognised

G3UGK
Novice Class

Winkeyer not recognised

Post by G3UGK »

I'm sure this is very basic but it's got me completely befuddled:

I have a Digimaster from ZLP Electronics which works fine on my desktop PC with Log4OM so I know there's nothing wrong with it. However, I have a new laptop running Windows 10 running Log4OM perfectly except that it will not recognise the Digimaster. The computer has allocated a COM port for it and all the parameters seem correct - baud rate etc. However when I open the Keyer window the notification at the bottom for keyer engine is 'Nothing'. I would expect it to say 'Winkeyer', as it does on my big PC.

HELP...

Phil G3UGK
G3UGK
Novice Class

Re: Winkeyer not recognised

Post by G3UGK »

Further. I found the setting in the Program Configuration file and selected Winkeyer. (Never had to do that before, so I plead mitigation.) Now I can connect Winkeyer, and it all looks good. Problem is it doesn't actually work, either on tune, or direct type or a macro. There must be something I'm missing, so would appreciate some advice on where to look next. Thanks
Phil
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Phil,

What version of Log4OM are you using?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G3UGK
Novice Class

Post by G3UGK »

Hi Nolan

I'm using the latest version Log4om 2 next gen

Phil
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G3UGK wrote: 17 May 2022, 18:49 Hi Nolan

I'm using the latest version Log4om 2 next gen

Phil
Please the actual release number!
73 Terry G4POP
G3UGK
Novice Class

Post by G3UGK »

Hi Terry.

Version is 2.21.1.0

There's been some progress:

Now what happens is that Winkeyer connects properly, and when I type some text and press the Tx button, I can see the program responding inasmuch as the characters one by one turn grey as they are "transmitted". The only thing that's not happening is that the 7300 is not going into transmit mode. I tried putting the 7300 into tx mode manually, but still nothing was transmitted. So it seems that everything is working except that - in very non-technical terms - the transmitted text is not actually finding its way to the radio. I also tried the alternative '7300 Data' set in Omnirig, but no luck.

Phil
G3UGK
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

And is the 7300 in CW break in mode and is it configured for a straight key, not a keyer
73 Terry G4POP
G3UGK
Novice Class

Post by G3UGK »

Yes and yes

Phil
G3UGK
Novice Class

Post by G3UGK »

Sometimes one can get so bogged down in detail that the basics get forgotten. In this case I blame the dog, which is not allowed in the shack, but sneaked in when I wasn't looking a couple of days ago. She'd managed to partly disconnect the Digimaster lead from the rear of the radio. I plugged in back in properly and now all is well.

So apologies to all.

Lesson learned

Phil