Showing Wrong Country

kg4opx
Novice Class

Showing Wrong Country

Post by kg4opx »

I do not know what causes this but my callsign shows up as being in Guatanamo Bay. I am located in NC.

Note: I am not located in Guantanamo Bay
To help in identifying the DXCC country for KG4 callsigns:

All 2x1 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity USA...example KG4W

All 2x3 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity USA...example KG4OPX

All 2x2 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity GUANTANAMO BAY... example KG4GB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Showing Wrong Country

Post by KI5IO »

kg4opx wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 22:35 I do not know what causes this but my callsign shows up as being in Guatanamo Bay. I am located in NC.

Note: I am not located in Guantanamo Bay
To help in identifying the DXCC country for KG4 callsigns:

All 2x1 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity USA...example KG4W

All 2x3 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity USA...example KG4OPX

All 2x2 KG4 calls are in DXCC entity GUANTANAMO BAY... example KG4GB
Bob,

All points to the Info Providers being used in Log4OM and how you have things set up. FWIW ... your call lookup resolves to your Jac-A-Roe QTH in NC here on my installation.

That being said here are some things to check:

Are you using QRZ.com and/or HamQTH as your Info Provider(s)? If using QRZ.com do you have a "paid for" XML subscription for the proper API data downloads during lookups?

Make sure that you have updated the CTY and Clublog d/b's so they are current.

In my testing of your call both QRZ and HamQTH properly resolve to your NC QTH.

If I use only Clublog or CTY (QRZ and HamQTH are NOT in use) then it resolves to Guantanamo Bay.

So ... Check your Info Provider settings.

Also ... Pls advise what version of Log4OM that you have installed.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kg4opx
Novice Class

Re: Showing Wrong Country

Post by kg4opx »

I found the issue. There is a file within the Log4OM application called county.xml. It lists my prefix as being in Guantanamo Bay. Guantanamo Bay has been using KG4 without it ever being assigned by the FCC. Just abount all KG4 callsigns reside in the USA mainland.

<Country>
<ArrlPrefix>KG4</ArrlPrefix>
<Comment />
<Continent>NA</Continent>
<CountryName>Guantanamo Bay</CountryName>
<CqZone>8</CqZone>
<CqZoneList>
<int>8</int>
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Bob,

I don't believe that is the issue. I verified my "country.xml" file (you mis-typed the filename) and I also have the same values as you have noted.

I then entered your call sign into the Main UI and got all proper data. See image below.

I'm going to refer you back to my post above about how you have things set up in the Info Providers. I do note that you are a QRZ 'xml' subscriber so have the proper API data feed for QRZ lookups.

Try the Info Provider Configuration and I think you might resolve the hiccup.

In my Info Provider Configuration I have as Priority 1 set for ExternalSource. I also have QRZ chosen as my Primary site for the External Lookups.

If I completely turn off QRZ and/or HamQTH and use either Clublog and/or Country data sources I will get the Guantanamo Bay data for your callsign.

So ... make sure you have QRZ and/or HamQTH turned on and your should then be in good shape.

I'll ask again: What version of Log4OM V2 are you using? That information is in the top left banner/bar of the Main UI.
Attachments
kg4opx.JPG
kg4opx.JPG (111.75 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Plano, TX
kg4opx
Novice Class

Post by kg4opx »

Hi Nolan,

I am running version 2.23.0.0. I will try your suggesions. I apprecaite the information.

At times I get emails from other hams who thought I was located in Guantanamo Bay.

Best Regards,
Rob - KG4OPX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Rob,

I was doing a S&P on this evening's SST event and there was a KG4xxx call that popped up on the Custer. It was labeled as Guantanamo Bay in the Cluster Display.

I clicked on the call and was waiting for a chance to work him and during that time all the information was showing up as being properly located in North Carolina.

However, once saved, it was changed to Guantanamo Bay. I did edit the saved call back to North Carolina.

I use the ve7cc cluster and I know that Lee also uses the country data files that most all folks are using for their logging.

I might send Jim a note asking about the KG4 calls and Guantanamo Gay showing up instead of a stateside site.

No answers ... just wanted to share an experience I had this evening.
Plano, TX