Wrong DXCC?

M0XYG
Advanced Class

Wrong DXCC?

Post by M0XYG »

Hi,
It's probably me and my Sunday brain but...........when you enter call sign SV2SKD it comes up in LOG4OM look up as Country = Dodecanese but the SV2 call sign area is one on mainland Greece (I think?) looking at the guys QRZ page shows he used to live on one of the islands but no more. His QRZ page also denotes he now lives on the mainland and has had his call sign changed to relect this. His details tab seems to show Greece anyway but he flag still shows Dodecanese so QRZ isn't right somehow.......No surprise there!
Is something adrift that I need to change/ doing wrong or is it one of the lookups or the cty file that needs an update?
Thanks everyone
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Wrong DXCC?

Post by G4POP »

If you watch carefully typing SV2 only, looks up our internal files and finds Greece

When you then type SV2SK it still finds Greece from the internal sources

But when you complete the call it finds SV2SKD on QRZ and changes the DXCC which then becomes the Dodecanese

You can of course manually edit the entries country fairly easily or perhaps try HamQTH for on online lookup or ask QRZ to fix it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
73 Terry G4POP
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Re: Wrong DXCC?

Post by M0XYG »

Ah, I type without looking which sometimes explains the spelling mistakes! so didnt see the internal look ups working correctly.
Thanks for the clarity and I don't think I'll waste my fingerprints on typing an email to QRZ or expecting them to put right anytime soon.
it would be like having 'a wee wee' in the Pacific..... :lol: