CAT Engine not Autostarting

V2 error reports
NG7E
Novice Class

CAT Engine not Autostarting

Post by NG7E »

I'm using TCI as the Cat Engine, however, while the CAT auto-start setting is enabled. If the radio gets shut down and restarted, i have to go and start cat on Log4OM. It fails to reestablish the connection after the radio comes back online. Is there a setting that i'm overlooking or is this by design, if so, what is the meaning for "Cat auto-start" feature in CAT Management section?

I should note that i'm using Log4OM v2.22.0.2 with a SunSDR2 DX radio and ExpertSDR2 software v1.3.1. Update 11.

O.C. - NG7E
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT Engine not Autostarting

Post by G4POP »

No you have not missed a setting its because TCI does not send an 'I am here' message on start up, we have to interrogate it.

Log4OM interrogates TCI when it is opened to see if TCI is awake so if EESDR is restarted we dont know about it and you need to go to the connect menu and start CAT in Log4OM.

That could change in the future but even the latest version of TCI as used in EESDR 3.13 it is the same although there are many improvements over EESDR 2.

EE are constantly developing and we work very closely with then so watch this space!
73 Terry G4POP
NG7E
Novice Class

Re: CAT Engine not Autostarting

Post by NG7E »

Thank you Terry!!