CAT OmniRrig Interface

W8QXR
Novice Class

CAT OmniRrig Interface

Post by W8QXR »

I am setting up Version 2. I am at the Radio CAT Control Step. When I try Connect/Cat/Show CAT Interface the OMNIRig Interface box does not show. I did try shutting down LOG4OM and reinstalling OmniRig but that did not help. I would appreciate your help

David Altwies
Lake Geneva, WI
W8QXR
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT OmniRrig Interface

Post by KD0ZV »

So you have selected OmniRig for Cat type in the settings and are clicking the icon on top to open OmniRig?

I am assuming you are trying to run the version of OmniRig that comes with Log4OM and not the version 2 of OmniRig?
Attachments
2020-02-18_15-22-58.jpg
2020-02-18_15-22-58.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT OmniRrig Interface

Post by KI5IO »

W8QXR wrote: 18 Feb 2020, 21:07 I am setting up Version 2. I am at the Radio CAT Control Step. When I try Connect/Cat/Show CAT Interface the OMNIRig Interface box does not show. I did try shutting down LOG4OM and reinstalling OmniRig but that did not help. I would appreciate your help

David Altwies
Lake Geneva, WI
W8QXR
David,

Make sure you have done your initial CAT setup in the Settings / Program Configuration / CAT interface window. If you choose OmniRig then you also (once the V2 setup is completed) need to choose your rig and settings required there.

Rich's post is good as well, but won't fly until you have set up the underlying basics.

Did you have V2 do the OmniRig installation as part of the V2 installation ... or did you install it by yourself?

The only OmniRig that is supported by Log4OM is the original version that handles "two" rigs. There is an OM in Switzerland who has developed a version of OmniRig that can support up to 4-rigs, but we have been working with that developer to resolve many issues with his version and thus we're not supporting it at this time.

Tnx for starting to use Log4OM V2.
Attachments
V2-Config-CAT.JPG
V2-Config-CAT.JPG (138.07 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX