Mode not Changing in Log4OM Display

n4et
Novice Class

Mode not Changing in Log4OM Display

Post by n4et »

I Just installed Log4OM ver 2.3.0.0 and interfacing with JtAlerts/ WSJT-X. I am using Omnirig for CAT and have a green CAT indicator. When changing bands in WSJT-X the Log4OM displays the correct Rx and Tx frequencies as I change bands. However, when I change to FT4 mode using WSJT-X it does not change the mode in the Log4OM to FT4 but remains on FT8. I am running the most up to date versions for JTAlerts and WSjt-X. My rig is a Yaesu FT-991. Any help would be appreciated.
Mark Wagner, N4ET
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Mode not Changing in Log4OM Display

Post by DF5WW »

First of all, if you registered without call as nickname please setup a signature which contains Call and Name.
Easier for us checking question about frequencies or things like that which related to different bandplans.

To your question:

WSJT-X don´t transferring the mode to Log4OM so setted mode in Log4OM will be static. If JTalert send the
ADIF to Log4OM also nothing is changed in main UI but the contact will logged correctly in FT8 / FT4 or what
mode ever you use in WSJT-X. Hope that helps ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
n4et
Novice Class

Post by n4et »

Thanks for the quick response. OK, so WSJT-X only changes the band and frequencies, but not the mode in the UI. I was worried that the QSO mode information would not be recorded correctly. Thank for the clarification.

I just wanted to say that I did register with my call sign, but as you suggested, I also updated my signature with my name and call sign so they will show up in any of my future posts.
Mark Wagner, N4ET
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Mark,

thank´s for the signature .... Image
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.