Automatic QSO Save on exit

V2 error reports
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Automatic QSO Save on exit

Post by K5CKS »

I have learned something "the hard way". Do not leave a callsign in the QSO window when you exit the program. Log4OM doesn't ask you if you want to save it but it automatically logs it before exiting. It has done this to me twice and I had to go in and delete the QSO. Log4OM naturally sent the QSO to LOTW, QRZ and Clublog. LOTW does not permit deletions. If I remember correctly ver 1 did ask if you wanted to save the QSO or delete it. I think that feature needs to be brought back.
Thanks & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Automatic QSO Save on exit

Post by KI5IO »

K5CKS wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 12:50 I have learned something "the hard way". Do not leave a callsign in the QSO window when you exit the program. Log4OM doesn't ask you if you want to save it but it automatically logs it before exiting. It has done this to me twice and I had to go in and delete the QSO. Log4OM naturally sent the QSO to LOTW, QRZ and Clublog. LOTW does not permit deletions. If I remember correctly ver 1 did ask if you wanted to save the QSO or delete it. I think that feature needs to be brought back.
Thanks & 73,
Rory, K5CKS
Rory,

I'm not experiencing that with my V2, but I'm also on an Alpha release that is getting close to being ready for y'all.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K5CKS
Advanced Class

Re: Automatic QSO Save on exit

Post by K5CKS »

That is good news. Thanks for the update!
Rory, K5CKS