V2.2.4 Clicking on cluster window that has focus does not work.

V2 error reports
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: V2.2.4 Clicking on cluster window that has focus does not work.

Post by KI5IO »

Dave & Rich,

I've asked Danielle to consider adding a toggle for keep on top / or not to this window. He has done that on several others such as WinKeyer, etc..
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I am not sure the toggle will help because then it is stuck on top and you cant get to window to log it.

Maybe double click speed on it before changing focus??

As I said it works for me on another window so I am good but look forward to hearing from Dave.

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
wo2x
Novice Class

Post by wo2x »

It is not how I normally operate but it is a deficiency in the software that I am reporting.

I use a 50" 4k monitor so plenty of real estate but I stumbled across this issue when moving windows around.

Dave wo2x
wo2x
Novice Class

Post by wo2x »

And to add to this, a sinble click loads the call in the main log window but does not QSY the radio to correct frequency or mode. Only a double click does. A single click loads in in the log window on main program but brings the main program to the forefront (in focus for mouse commands). It should follow normal Windows behavior and keep the cluster window in focus.

Dave wo2x
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

it's supposed that when you click on a cluster, the next step is to work the call, so the focus move to the main user interface bringing it on top of the others.
Same for "slow double clicks". If you make a "slow double click" windows is reading it as a dual single click. First click move focus to the main UI, the second click (single click again) occours on the screen that is running on top.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
wo2x
Novice Class

Post by wo2x »

Hi Daniele,

That is fine if the single click would QSY the radio but it does not. When the windows are overlapping a single click loads the call in the main window but does not QSY the radio to the frequency.
A fast double click on an area of the cluster window not overlapping the main window will QSY the radio.

This is currently being used with a Flex 6700 and Hamlib TCP interface.

Dave wo2x