Possible bug in parameters for the filter section

V2 error reports
IZ3GOG
New user

Possible bug in parameters for the filter section

Post by IZ3GOG »

Log4OM Version: 2.5.0.0

Error: (I tried and confirmed it while using the QSL Manager and the Label print filters) A specific ordering of the params doesn't filter correctly while doing a query, while standard SQL queries do what is expected to happen even by changing the order of the properly indented conditional clauses.
Example of working SQL queries:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE log.mode IS "CW" AND (log.band IS "160m" OR log.band IS "80m")
and

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE (log.band IS "160m" OR log.band IS "80m") AND log.mode IS "CW"
both work properly as expected and the result of the query is a list of all QSOs made in CW mode in 160m or 80m.

But when I tried to do the same exact thing with the params and the indentation levels (see the two screenshots below) if I tried to do it with the "mode" param set AFTER the OR condition the table would show me all the QSOs made in 160m or 80m ignoring the mode parameter, while if put at the beginning (as first parameter) the query works well. I also tried to switch from the "log.mode in ('CW')" to "log.mode = CW" and to insert the ANDs manually but the error persists.

logFilter_bad.png
logFilter_bad.png (180.44 KiB) Viewed 3197 times
logFilter_good.png
logFilter_good.png (177.08 KiB) Viewed 3197 times