Automatic upload LotW

V2 error reports
PD9X
New user

Automatic upload LotW

Post by PD9X »

Hello

I am new LOG4OM user, nice program.

Everything works well, but i have problem with automatic upload to LoTW. After closing LOG4OM sometimes program stucked, only with hard reset from task manager can i close.

I made few qso's for test, 1 qso's is uploaded

E668F4D2-70D6-471A-9FC9-C35BAAC79ED2.jpeg
E668F4D2-70D6-471A-9FC9-C35BAAC79ED2.jpeg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 16575 times
I installed also the latest version LOG4OM and LotW TQSL, but no difference.

Who can help me with this, so i can upload my new DXCC's?

Laurens PD9X
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Automatic upload LotW

Post by G4POP »

What happens if you do a manual upload to LOTW?
73 Terry G4POP
PD9X
New user

Post by PD9X »

Manual upload with only TQSL program there is no problem.

What do i have to fill in at Section ID by External Services--> LoTW ?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

PD9X wrote: 17 May 2020, 07:41 Manual upload with only TQSL program there is no problem.

What do i have to fill in at Section ID by External Services--> LoTW ?
If your not sure what to enter that is probably why the upload is not working.

Please refer to our user guide and ensure that

1. Your station ID is exactly as shown in the TQSL program

2. The TQSL exe path is set to the location of the TQSL.exe

3. Set a temporary path like c:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LogOM2\Temp
73 Terry G4POP
nn3rp
Novice Class

Post by nn3rp »

I am also new at using this jewel of a program. I wrote this on another post since I was having upload issues to LotW:

.... "I think I nailed it to be the Station ID not being there initially. I mostly think that I did not have the password correct too. Once one has the correct LotW account setup (user, password, tqsl path, temp path), Log40M allows to use the Station ID pulldown. In there you will see all of the LotW ID you have under your Tqsl software.

I did a test log and quit Log40M....after a few minutes my test log appeared on LotW website!

Back to doing some Sats"
Rafael / NN3RP
N0ORQ
Novice Class

Post by N0ORQ »

I had the same problem you are experiencing. It turned out it was a problem with my LOTW files not uploading when I close the program it was hanging up for some reason.

There is a lot of information in this forum. I discovered that I did not have some settings correct on the LOTW settings for upload. Are you also having a problem getting LOTW files to upload when your program closes?

If so, start up Log4om and then open program configuration. Go down to user configuration and find the line that says external services, click on that. Go up to the LOTW button and click on that. See the pink box on the right it says they should match with the default LOTW sent status set in confirmations tab or a new QSO will not be uploaded automatically?

This is incorrect on my computer. Go to the left again and click on the confirmations when that opens up go up the click type and put LOTW in the box. If your program is like mine, sent will say requested. No matter what I do no matter how many times I save the configuration to NO LOTW always says requested.

I discovered that when the external services pink box says requested for LOTW like the pink box says it should, that is when my computer will not close or upload my LOTW files.

Try setting the external services flag in the pink box to NO and then try closing Log4om.

When I do this then my Log4om closes and any LOTW files are uploaded.

Let me know if this helps.

N0ORQ Joe 73
nn3rp
Novice Class

Post by nn3rp »

Joe, thanks for writing. I went through that ordeal when I was playing with the software. The steps you took were exactly as you described. After that my LotW worked. The issue in hand is with eQSL not populating the QSO as SAT. I went to the eQSL gurus and they confirmed they have no issues in their end. Then Log40M support did the same thing. The claim is that is not a Log40M issue but it is.

The automatic eQSL upload misses the SAT (Prop_Mode). If I do a manual creation of ADIF, the Prop_Mode is added correctly. So there is something issue in the upload.

Do you use eQSL?

Here is a pic of my external service for eQSL. It is not a big deal to set:
ExternalServices_eqsl.gif
ExternalServices_eqsl.gif (62.84 KiB) Viewed 16344 times

Here is a pic of how they look on eQSL website. When I check my OutBox, they will not match with my InBox.
11LotW_eqslentries.gif
11LotW_eqslentries.gif (58.34 KiB) Viewed 16344 times

Because of the above, I moved into using DXLab suite....it is working as a charm for eQSL, QRZ.com, and LotW.

Rafael / NN3RP
N0ORQ
Novice Class

Post by N0ORQ »

Rafael,

I’m glad that DXlab suite is working for you. I started off with that and could not get anything to upload. I may go back and work on it some more

But, for now Log4om is working for me.

73 Joe
nn3rp
Novice Class

Post by nn3rp »

If I can be of any assistance in getting DX Lab such as snapshot of my settings, please let me know....my email: pinoleronica@hotmail.com

Log40M is an amazing program as you can tell but the fact that uploads to eQSL are not working properly {Prop_Mode} (even on the latest version of a few days ago). It renders itself unusable to me.
Rafael / NN3RP