V2 error reports
LB4MI
Advanced Class

"QSO manager" -> "Update single field"

Post by LB4MI »

Hi, (v.2.7.0.0)
when doing updates on single fields using:
"QSO manager" -> "Update single field"
there is not possible to change another field, after the first field has been updated.

Let's say I want to update "Comment" field, and all selected QSO's are updated successfully.
Then; If I immediately chose the next field to be updated, say; "Qslmsg" and then hit the "Update" button - nothing happens.

To do this new field update, you need to go back to "Search QSO", change the search criteria back and forward, select the same QSO's, and then you can "Update single field" again.

Something that can be fixed? If something has gone wrong with logging, it often includes several fields to be updated later on.

The same thing happens when using "QSO Checks". After applying a function there, the QSO's must be selected again before a new function can be applied.

Example underneath:
1) Updating "StationCallsign" = OK, all good
2) Updating "Gridsquare" = No response (Ok, I later noticed that was a bad idea, I thought it was my own grid... :) )
QSO Manager 27.06.2020 19_51_05.png
QSO Manager 27.06.2020 19_51_05.png (38.89 KiB) Viewed 2079 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: "QSO manager" -> "Update single field"

Post by G4POP »

Just select another field from the drop down and update it, I just tested and was able to achieve multiple field updates without having to reselect the QSO
73 Terry G4POP
KZ3L
Advanced Class

Re: "QSO manager" -> "Update single field"

Post by KZ3L »

G4POP wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 06:34 Just select another field from the drop down and update it, I just tested and was able to achieve multiple field updates without having to reselect the QSO
That hasn't been my experience with any version of Log4OM, including the current one.

After making a change to a field via the single field editor, my selected QSOs are consistently deselected and I need to go back and select them again.

I frequently activate parks under the POTA and WWFF programs, logging on a simple iPad app with a limited number of fields. The resulting ADI files are imported into Log4OM for my permanent log.

Ideally, Log4OM would apply all configuration attributes (station info, QTH, grid square, etc.) to the imported QSOs (as it does for FT8 records sent directly from WSJT-x).

But it doesn't, so I need to select the records to change and manually go one-by-one through the single field update, "My" update, and QSO checks tabs. Every single change requires returning to the Search QSO tab and selecting the QSOs. The OP mentioned having to reset the filters, too; Ive found that the filters remain applicable throughout so that isn't necessary. But reselecting the QSOs is required each and every time.

It would be helpful if Log4OM allowed the option to keep those QSOs selected.