Minor - Log4OM doesn't remember last used window size

V2 error reports
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Minor - Log4OM doesn't remember last used window size

Post by K2GAV »

Log4OM doesn't seem to save the last used non-maximized window size in Windows 10. I'm referring to the not maximum and not minimized window size.

This is a bit inconvenient because I use a specific window size when making FT contacts. I share the screen with WSJT-X, and it remembers how to open, but i have to adjust and position Log4OM each time.

This is minor.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Minor - Log4OM doesn't remember last used window size

Post by KI5IO »

K2GAV wrote: 13 Aug 2020, 18:15 Log4OM doesn't seem to save the last used non-maximized window size in Windows 10. I'm referring to the not maximum and not minimized window size.

This is a bit inconvenient because I use a specific window size when making FT contacts. I share the screen with WSJT-X, and it remembers how to open, but i have to adjust and position Log4OM each time.

This is minor.
Ted,

Interesting as each time I re-adjust the Log4OM V2 UI, log out and re-log in it opens up to the "re-sized" window.

I'm not experiencing what you have noted.

If you like you can also perform a backup from the File dropdown and ensure that your "re-sized" UI is saved and will restore to that size.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Using also a special size of Log4OM to work in companion with JTDX and JTalert but it
holds the size and position on restart. Position only changes if i run an upgrade to a new
version. Then i have to reposition it once.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Post by K2GAV »

Please allow me to further clarify...

First, I will use the Windows 10 term for a window that is not maximized nor mimimized. They call it "Restore Down". This is a not full screen window mode.

To clarify - Yes, if you Restore Down to a window and adjust to the size you want it will go back to that setting when you restart the program. However, if after setting a Restore Down and then returning to Maximized, then shut down Log4OM of course the program will restart in Maximized mode. However, now again choose Restore Down and you'll see that window is NOT what you last used, but some other Log4OM default size and position. If you do the same process with, say, Chrome browser, it WILL remember the last used Restore Down size and go to it when you Restore Down later, no matter how many times you restart the program.

I usually run Log4OM in maximized mode, and only use Restore Down when running WSJT-X. When I restart Log4OM after closing it maximized, and then choose Restore Down, it would be nice if it went to the last used Restore Down size, as Chrome and many other programs do.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Ted,
Due to such funkiness I use a utility that makes 100% sure my windows open exactly where I want them to. Had to start using it my Win 7 days.
Pls email (my name@calsign dot co dot uk)
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.