Operators Name disappears

V2 error reports
ZS1DBJ
Novice Class

Operators Name disappears

Post by ZS1DBJ »

Good evening to the members.
I am using the program since I became a ham in 2017. Thanks to the developers, great logging facility.
I have come across a problem and reading through previous posts and doing a search I could not find reference to the problem encountered.
The problem, although small is that my filled in Operaters Name disappears. I usually fill in the call sign and then underneath fill in the Operators Name. Then I move on to the RS values and then to the dates and time, switched to manual with the lock.
As soon as I enter an hour, minute, second value the entered Operator name disappears.
Is it a setting that needs to be changed ? or as I found by entering the top row and then enter the Operator name, everything seems fine.
Maybe I must just stick to the above order.
I thought I will just mention the problem. I hope I did not start a douple post on this subject. Thanks for a great program.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Operators Name disappears

Post by G4POP »

Are you using any info providers like QRZ or HAMQTH? And are you logging live QSO'S or historic QSO'S from old contacts?
73 Terry G4POP
vu2mb
Novice Class

Post by vu2mb »

Dear Terry G4POP

Even I am facing similar issue since the upgrade 2.9. Till now Operator's name and Info F2 fields used to fill as data was fetched from qrz.com but
now its not fetching any data from there and even QRZ USER tag that used to appear below date and LOTW user is missing. I am logging real time QSO's.

I dont upload data to QRZ.COM as I am not subscribed to there xml data.
How to correct this issue please?
Thanks for looking to my msg.
Bhanu VU2MB
vu2mb
Novice Class

Post by vu2mb »

Working now. There was an issue with QRZ password. Sorry for goof up.
ZS1DBJ
Novice Class

Post by ZS1DBJ »

Hi Terry.
Thanks for responding.
I am not using any external connection.
It happens when I log a worked contact of say a day old, where I have to stop the date and time with the lock icon.
As I indicated, if I put in the callsign then move over to signal reports and then to date change, and then enter operator name the op. name stays.
Otherwise with operator name entered before moving to signsl reports and date change, the operator name disappears while rntering date or time.
I will have a look at my settings and play around a bit. The previous version was stable during this procedure.
Thanks again. Much appreciated.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ZS1DBJ wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 21:32 Hi Terry.
Thanks for responding.
I am not using any external connection.
It happens when I log a worked contact of say a day old, where I have to stop the date and time with the lock icon.
As I indicated, if I put in the callsign then move over to signal reports and then to date change, and then enter operator name the op. name stays.
Otherwise with operator name entered before moving to signsl reports and date change, the operator name disappears while rntering date or time.
I will have a look at my settings and play around a bit. The previous version was stable during this procedure.
Thanks again. Much appreciated.
You post PROVES the value of a step by step explanation! - Now you explain in detail what you are doing I can emulate your problem and will investigate.

However why not use Lazy Log from our utilities menu for entering historic QSO's that is what its designed for and its much faster when you get used to it?

Alternatively enter RST and date before name while we find an answer?

I have added this to our Mantis to do list but clearly it is low priority so I am not sure how soon it will be fixed
73 Terry G4POP
ZS1DBJ
Novice Class

Post by ZS1DBJ »

Hi Terry.
Once again, thank you very much for the feedback. Highly appreciated.
I will follow your suggestions.
As there is a way around the problem it is not a big hassle.
I am still exploring LOG4OM.