Clear CALLSIGN field after RR73 on FT8

V2 error reports
PY2REY
Novice Class

Clear CALLSIGN field after RR73 on FT8

Post by PY2REY »

My LOG4OM V2 2.10.0.0 dont clear anymore the field CALSSIGN after finished the QSO in JTDX.

The last classign stays on field until I clear or new contact.

Is this a bug? Or any setting missing? On last version, it is all right.
PY2REY - Rey Junior

Brazil - GG66RL
K0HB
Old Man

Re: Clear CALLSIGN field after RR73 on FT8

Post by K0HB »

I noticed that.

I like it, and am hoping it is a new feature!
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Don´t think that it´s possible. External software send call to Log4OM but the contact is stored
via UDP over JTalert or Gridtracker or however. If JTDX and/or WSJT-X dont send a "Clear Call"
it would not work (My 2 cts).
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

DF5WW wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 02:06 Don´t think that it´s possible. External software send call to Log4OM but the contact is stored
via UDP over JTalert or Gridtracker or however. If JTDX and/or WSJT-X dont send a "Clear Call"
it would not work (My 2 cts).
Here is how it is behaving right now (V2.10)

I run WSJT-X directly with Log4OM. (No JTalert, or etc.)

When I work a station on WSJT-X, it populates the "input frame" (upper left of Log4OM).

When I finish the QSO, Log4OM logs it, then the QSO information persists in the "input frame" (and the "F2 Info frame to the right) until a new QSO partner information arrives from WSJT-X.

I am happy with that behavior.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
PY2REY
Novice Class

Post by PY2REY »

Its no problem for me when stay only on WSJT, but.... if change to phone mode, I have to delete manually the last QSO.

Sometimes, I forget and put the callsign with another last, then this is a little problem.

I prefer, when finished the QSO, the field "CALLSIGN" is cleared. Like when make phone QSOs and use <enter>.

I am using now WSJT-Z, and there is the settings to clear this field, but dont work it. I tested with JTDX and WSJT-X ... same thing.
PY2REY - Rey Junior

Brazil - GG66RL
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

The settings in WSJT-Z/X and/or JTDX are only for this porograms himself. It means that
the callsingn field in these apps are be cleared after 73. They don´t send a clear callsign
to Log4OM.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PY2REY
Novice Class

Post by PY2REY »

Hey guys,

I made a downgrade to 2.9.0.0 to test, because I am having a few bugs on 2.10.0.0, and confirmed that after QSO on FT8 recorded, the field CALLSIGN is cleared. In 2.10.0.0 its not happening.

I just only renamed the folder of Log4OM to BKP (example) and install a 2.9.0.0.
The install ocurred on same folder before, and use same settings.

I will wait 2.10.1.0 or 2.11.0.0 to update, because there is few bugs thats not good to use yet.

TNX

PY2REY - Rey Junior

Brazil - GG66RL
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

Re activating this thread.

This issue is still present in 2.12 and 2.13. Versions 2.9 and below clear the DX Call information sent from JTDX/WSJTX to log4om. When you click on "Clear DX" button on JTDX/WSJTX it does not clear the callsign information / lookup in Log4OM. You have to double click on the "Erase" button to clear the decoded signals to clear log4OM. Its like log4OM is listening to the wrong clear data information?

Hopefully this can be sorted or maybe I have missed a new connection setup parameter?

Cheers
Phil - VK1HX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

vk1hx wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 10:57 Re activating this thread.

This issue is still present in 2.12 and 2.13. Versions 2.9 and below clear the DX Call information sent from JTDX/WSJTX to log4om. When you click on "Clear DX" button on JTDX/WSJTX it does not clear the callsign information / lookup in Log4OM. You have to double click on the "Erase" button to clear the decoded signals to clear log4OM. Its like log4OM is listening to the wrong clear data information?

Hopefully this can be sorted or maybe I have missed a new connection setup parameter?

Cheers
Phil - VK1HX
Phil,

We still have this item in our Mantis ticket system for review/repair. Still pending.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
vk1hx
Advanced Class

Post by vk1hx »

Thanks for the update. :)

Cheers
Phil - VK1HX