Issues with using Net Control

V2 error reports
G4GNX
Novice Class

Issues with using Net Control

Post by G4GNX »

I have been having issues for some time when using the Net Control utility (Log4OMII v2.11.0.0).
It works fine when I'm using Omnirig and Rig 1 is selected and online, but if I switch to Rig 2, although the main display shows the correct frequency from the rig, it is not recorded in the frequency field in the log entry and is sent as an empty field to QRZ.com
Also and slightly more important, I've been in the habit of running a net on 70cms using a radio that has no CAT interface, so the main frequency displays registers OFFLINE, as you would expect. To enter a frequency, I use the RX and TX fields in the frequency entry fields, but this is also not recorded in the log and is not sent to QRZ.com, as it used to be on Log4OM 1.
Normal 1 on 1 logging (not in Net Control) with Rig 1 is working fine.

CAT interface is Omnirig running USB cable to Elecraft K3 and Icom IC-9700

BTW Using Help there's a facility to generate a report to send to Admins along with the days log and it generates a zip file, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to send it to. Is this a future facility, or is it broken or never used?
73 de Alan, G4GNX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Issues with using Net Control

Post by G4POP »

G4GNX wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 00:25 I have been having issues for some time when using the Net Control utility (Log4OMII v2.11.0.0).
It works fine when I'm using Omnirig and Rig 1 is selected and online, but if I switch to Rig 2, although the main display shows the correct frequency from the rig, it is not recorded in the frequency field in the log entry and is sent as an empty field to QRZ.com
I cannot emulate this, I have even tried changing to rig 2 during a net and those stations leaving or who joined after the change to rig 2 had the frequency recorded accurately and also uploaded to QRZ - You step by step actions please

Also and slightly more important, I've been in the habit of running a net on 70cms using a radio that has no CAT interface, so the main frequency displays registers OFFLINE, as you would expect. To enter a frequency, I use the RX and TX fields in the frequency entry fields, but this is also not recorded in the log and is not sent to QRZ.com, as it used to be on Log4OM 1.
Normal 1 on 1 logging (not in Net Control) with Rig 1 is working fine.
This I can emulate and will add it to our Mantis list

BTW Using Help there's a facility to generate a report to send to Admins along with the days log and it generates a zip file, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to send it to. Is this a future facility, or is it broken or never used?
You send it to the admin member that requests it and he will provide his email address
73 Terry G4POP