Winkeyer Paddle not working correctly

V2 error reports
dk2lo
Old Man

Winkeyer Paddle not working correctly

Post by dk2lo »

Here LOG4OM V2.14.1 and Microham CW-Keyer (Winkeyer opened successfully: Hardware Version 10)

Winkeyer functions work but the paddle input is not working correctly - erratic behaviour, e. g. dit paddle results sometimes only in one dit. Therefore the use of the paddle is impossible.

Using the same Hardware configuration with other software e. g. WINTEST or DXLOG.NET the Winkeyer with the paddles is working fine. So it is not a hardware fault.
73 Olaf DK2LO
dk2lo
Old Man

Re: Winkeyer Paddle not working correctly

Post by dk2lo »

Unfortunately I never received a reply. Paddle works with several other logging programs as described before. I recently also tested Swisslog successfully.
With LOG4OM the Winkeyer Communication Log shows "CLEAR BUFFER" message always when the problem happens with LOG4OM Winkeyer option and Paddles are stuck:
WINKEYER.jpg
WINKEYER.jpg (105.6 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
It would be great if this problem could be solved. Other programs can do it - it is a pity that LOG4OM cannot. Perhaps it is just caused by some buffer overflow??
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

We tried to resolve this but we don't have a microham unit to test with and it works fine with genuine K1EL Winkeyers and the G4ZLP emulation.

Also we have not heard of any other cases like this so have to assume it's restricted to your Microham and similar units.

Trying to resolve issues that none of our testers can emulate make it virtually impossible to fix
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

this problem was already reported as "WINKEYER BEHAVIOUR" at 13th June 2019 by K0HB and was confirmed by others.

I also was Beta tester for LOG4OM but it is sad if my support is not welcomed any more.
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

dk2lo wrote: 30 Dec 2021, 12:12 Hi Terry,

this problem was already reported as "WINKEYER BEHAVIOUR" at 13th June 2019 by K0HB and was confirmed by others.

I also was Beta tester for LOG4OM but it is sad if my support is not welcomed any more.
Not a case of not welcoming your support, don't be offended so easily!

How do you expect us to fix the issue when we can't replicate it?
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Hi Terry,

sorry I am disappointed that it is refused to take care of such an essential problem which concerns several users not able to use paddles with the winkeyer interface.

For me it is not an acceptable solution to replace the microham hardware which is working fine with other programs.

Most of my lifetime I worked as IT professionell and know that debugging works.

I offer to support the debugging by providing all informations you need. I am open for all advice to prepare the necessary data and do the corresponding tests.

The "CLEAR BUFFER" situations I observed, only occur together with the paddle issue of LOG4OM. I never noticed this with the other programs which are working fine.

Isnt it a good hint to start debugging here. The buffer handling of the winkeyer interface in LOG4OM might be the reason for the fault.

Several other logging programs can handle this microham winkeyer hardware - so I am sure LOG4OM also can do it.

I hope and wish that this long-term issue can be solved in 2022.

HNY
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Referred to Lele
73 Terry G4POP
dk2lo
Old Man

Post by dk2lo »

Just testing LOG4OM 2.31.0.0 and I found that the paddle with my microham CW keyer works now without stuttering. Also the "CLEAR BUFFER" message in the Winkeyer communication log does not show up any more.
Thank you for solving this issue!
73 Olaf DK2LO
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
73 Terry G4POP