LOTW WARN: Multiple QSO Updated

V2 error reports
NS8K
Advanced Class

LOTW WARN: Multiple QSO Updated

Post by NS8K »

Tonight I downloaded LoTW confirmations and received these warnings in the download log:
LoTW Download.png
LoTW Download.png (26.97 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
I've searched and found a few other questions concerning the warning but none like this.
I did indeed work KP2B on 7/1/21 at 02:03:30 and my next contact was with KP2BH at 02:05:45. Both QSO's are confirmed in my log and LoTW. I do not have duplicate entries for these QSOs in my log. Of course, both confirmations were downloaded in the same batch.

I'm not sure what this is telling me on QSOs 9 and 10 and then 10 again. Is there perhaps an issue with KP2B QSO being immediately followed by KP2BH QSO?

I looked at the log from Log4OM and do not find these errors reported there. Log4OM is ver 2.14.1.0. Win 10 is ver 20H2 Build 19042.1052

Here is the same information with the lines wrapped in Notepad. Maybe it is a little easier to view:
LoTW Download wrapped.png
LoTW Download wrapped.png (28.71 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
Thanks for checking this out. I hope it's not some silly cockpit error on my part!
73 - Tom NS8K
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW WARN: Multiple QSO Updated

Post by G4POP »

LOTW considers that any QSO within 15 minutes of another with the same call on the same band and mode to be a duplicate but still allows the QSO to be recorded.

So because theses identical QSO's are only a couple of minutes apart it sends us a warning which we record in the log file.

Providing your Log4OM log is OK just accept the information
73 Terry G4POP
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

Terry,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I understand. The 2 QSOs are within 15 minutes but are not for the same station. One is for KP2B and the other KP2BH. Perhaps a LoTW error in parsing the station worked?
73 - Tom NS8K
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Could be possible but it´s only a warning. Best you login to your LotW account and check
that both contacts are stored there. If yes ignore the warnings or ask the LotW support.
We only provide LotW uploads with the official LotW TQSL software, so these warnings
are not from Log4OM. Thats the Log of TQSL which give these warnings.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NS8K
Advanced Class

Post by NS8K »

Juergen,

Thanks for the reply.

I have logged into LoTW and both QSOs are fine there as well as in my log. Investigating a little further, KP2B is a club station operated by KP2BH and WP3A. I suspect this has something to do with how they uploaded the confirmations. If I now re-download confirmations for the day this happened, I get these warnings:
LoTW Download 2.png
LoTW Download 2.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
In yellow you can see the two different calls but in red, you see both confirmations reference KP2B. That is probably the source of the warning. Maybe that second call comes from the signed LoTW certificate used to upload the QSOs. When I now look back at the warnings from the original confirmation download, I see this same exact thing.

So, your advice is sound. I can ignore the warning. Maybe I'll take the time to drop a line to the LoTW folks to see if this working as they intended.
73 - Tom NS8K