v2.15.0.0 Upload to LOTW no longer works

V2 error reports
DB9CR
Novice Class

Re: v2.15.0.0 Upload to LOTW no longer works

Post by DB9CR »

Another observation: Untilbegining of June, the tmp files that are present in C:\Users\nospa\OneDrive\Desktop\Amateurfunk\tmp are of size less than 20 kB, but since thenthe size of the files is growing. The last file today is of size 1100kB. They all start at the same QSO. So it seems that Lof4OM keeps uploading the same QSOs again and again. This is probably related to the fact that I export ADIFs and upload them manually with TQSL to keep lotw current.
DB9CR
Novice Class

Post by DB9CR »

Is there a way to pass a "-t something" option from log4om to tqsl to generate a logfile?
DB9CR
Novice Class

Post by DB9CR »

OK, it's a bug in TQSL. Ans here is the workaround:
  • Start Log4OM normally
  • Menu Utilities, QSL Manager
  • Select LOTW in "Search confirmation" dropdown menu.
  • Left click on "Select Required"
  • Left click on the first QSO in the list
  • Hold shift key and left click on a QSO not further that 10 down in the list. No more that 11 QSOs may be selected in total. When you select 12 or more QSOs, the TQSL upload will fail.
  • Left click on "Upload selected QSO"
  • In the new window that just opened, left click on the green cloud symbol in the upper right corner. You will see the QSOs being uploaded. It you selected 12 or more, it gets stuck. Last message is then "Executing TQSL with upload". If you get there, kill the TQSL process with task manager, close the upload window and start over with less than 12 QSOs. Sometime It happend to me that I got stuck even with 11 QSOs. Try a still smaller number then. Had do go down to 5 in some cases.
  • Start over with the next QSOs: Left click on "Select Required" (important, dont forget this step!), select top 11, ....
It looks like TQSL has a problem with uploading more that 11 QSOs in batch mode as called from Log4OM.
Now, Log4OM developers, can you please make it possible to add a -t option to the TQSL command line to generate a log file? My guess: It mentions that it needs to do something with 12 or more QSO records, tries to ask the user, but cannot in batch mode.
Last edited by DB9CR on 17 Jul 2021, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
DB9CR
Novice Class

Post by DB9CR »

ok some 500 QSOs later in chunks of 5-11, lotw and log4om are in sync again. Did two quick ft8 QSOs, let Log4OM fetch them and then terminate Log4OM. Upload to LOTW worked again.
pa3djy
Advanced Class

Post by pa3djy »

I have the same problem. Using the latest TQSL 2.5. Log4OM 2.14 works okay for uploads.

73's
Gerrit - PA3DJY
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm updating code to let user have a bit of control on the upload string sent to LOTW.
I will also make the "update" as an option in lotw settings
I'm still trying to understand what's happens...

adding "-f update" as an option in the LOTW settings and "-t" as an option in the LOTW settings.

Hope that could help finding the issue.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DB9CR
Novice Class

Post by DB9CR »

Thanks, will keep you updated, should it happen again. Please also add a possibility to deactivate the batch mode, maybe we see a requester from TSQL in interactive mode when the problem occurs.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I can add an option to remove batch mode. I'll do.
I can't do much more unfortunately, but with the "optional" -f update command users can eventually revert to an older TQSL version
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Latest TQSL is 2.5.8 and Log4OM 2.15.0.x is uploading and shutting down as it should.
Has also worked with 2.5.7 but you may try to update TQSL to 2.5.8
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
KI1U
Novice Class

Post by KI1U »

So I was experiencing the same problems. Followed all advice found here - updated LOG4OM, updated TQSL, uploaded Q's in batches, etc. Still no luck. I finally gave up trying to get LOG4OM to upload the Q's to LOTW and just created an ADI file to manually upload. That was when I finally saw the error message that told me why it wasn't working. After updating LOG4OM to v.2.15 it changed my station data and every QSO record to indicate I'm in ITU zone 6, when I am in zone 8. The ITU zone in the ADI didn't match the station location file in TQSL, so nothing uploaded. I've corrected the QSO records manually so I can upload the latest Q's, but will have to figure out a way to batch correct 50,000+ Q's to indicate the right ITU zone. Not really critical as those have already been uploaded to LOTW before the program changed zones on me.

Has anyone else encountered this? Perhaps a bug?

Further update, while it appears that now LOG4OM is uploading to LOTW nothing has processed. I've checked the LOTW queue status and it appears everything is processing in less than a minute.

Cheers,
Mike, KI1U