v2.15.0.0 Upload to LOTW no longer works

V2 error reports
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: v2.15.0.0 Upload to LOTW no longer works

Post by KI5IO »

KI1U wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 13:34 So I was experiencing the same problems. Followed all advice found here - updated LOG4OM, updated TQSL, uploaded Q's in batches, etc. Still no luck. I finally gave up trying to get LOG4OM to upload the Q's to LOTW and just created an ADI file to manually upload. That was when I finally saw the error message that told me why it wasn't working. After updating LOG4OM to v.2.15 it changed my station data and every QSO record to indicate I'm in ITU zone 6, when I am in zone 8. The ITU zone in the ADI didn't match the station location file in TQSL, so nothing uploaded. I've corrected the QSO records manually so I can upload the latest Q's, but will have to figure out a way to batch correct 50,000+ Q's to indicate the right ITU zone. Not really critical as those have already been uploaded to LOTW before the program changed zones on me.

Has anyone else encountered this? Perhaps a bug?

Further update, while it appears that now LOG4OM is uploading to LOTW nothing has processed. I've checked the LOTW queue status and it appears everything is processing in less than a minute.

Cheers,
Mike, KI1U
MIke,

Couple more questions (at least one) ...

Did your ITU and CQ zones (IE: My ITU Zone and My CQ Zone) change in the Settings / Configuration / Station Information location? Meaning as part of the V 2.15.0.0 update?

All the QSO with incorrect Zone IDs ... are they all from FTxx operations that uses UDP connections from those APPs to Log4OM V2? Or are they a mixed bag with some from direct cluster clicks say for CW QSOs?

FYI - there is an added check that has been added to an Alpha/Beta release that we are now testing that may also help address this situation.

As for a bulk correction use the QSO Manager and do a Filter Search for the mis-labeled Zone(s) and then you can do single-field-update to make the correction.

Go to: Utilities / QSO Manager and use the Filter button (bottom portion of window) to select the errant QSO and then you can tap the Single-Field-Update button and make the change.

Let us know how you make out.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KI1U
Novice Class

Post by KI1U »

Hi Nolan,

The change was made in the station configuration setting, it appeared after the latest update. And it appears to have applied to every QSO logged in LOG4OM since the start of the log. It did not appear on QSO's logged with other programs like N1MM where an ADI import was used. It appeared on QSO's logged through WSJT-X (UDP) and directly in LOG4OM.

I'll take a look at the QSO manager function to make the correction. I'm not looking to correct one QSO at a time, but likely 50,000+ in bulk.

And still no luck uploading to LOTW.

Mike
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI1U wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:55
I'll take a look at the QSO manager function to make the correction. I'm not looking to correct one QSO at a time, but likely 50,000+ in bulk.
Bulk editing is easy as detailed in our user guide but basically

1. Go to our QSO manager
2. Filter by MyITUzone =6 as in the image below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 2765 times

3. Click on select/deselect - this will highlight the filtered QSO's
4. In the Single field update tab of the QSO manager select MyITUzone as the field to update and enter a 'New Value' of 8
5. Click the update button

With that number of QSO's it will take some time so be patient
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI1U wrote: 26 Jul 2021, 14:55 The change was made in the station configuration setting, it appeared after the latest update. And it appears to have applied to every QSO logged in LOG4OM since the start of the log. It did not appear on QSO's logged with other programs like N1MM where an ADI import was used. It appeared on QSO's logged through WSJT-X (UDP) and directly in LOG4OM.

Let me explain what happened here! but first you must be aware that Log4OM program updates NEVER change your logged data so the issue of the wrong zone being logged has been there for some time, it has not just happened!

The reason that you had not noticed that your zone was, on some occasions, being logged incorrectly is because it has now been highlighted by recent changes to the TQSL program which introduced more stringent checking of your location.

The initial change to TQSL prompted us to have to change our code to accommodate it and that is why with our last release everyone was instructed to update TQSL. However there were some other subtle changes to TQSL that slipped through the net and which have now been addressed and will be reflected in our next release.

The reason that some QSO's logged from N1MM and also being imported via ADIF had the correct zone information is because if a MyITUzone is included in the ADIF file or in the UDP incoming data string we will not change it.

Incoming UDP data from WSJT will either be left unchanged if the MyITUzone field contains data or be updated from the Log4OM Program config/Station Information data tab if the zone data is missing, as shown below. Manually input QSO's will also use the MyITUzone data in the station information tab.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (147.88 KiB) Viewed 2763 times
73 Terry G4POP
KI1U
Novice Class

Post by KI1U »

OK, was able to get the zone issue resolved.

Still no luck uploading to LOTW though.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Have you checked the log file (help/show log) to see what it says?
73 Terry G4POP
KI1U
Novice Class

Post by KI1U »

I don't see anything in the log file that stands out. It shows that there was an LOTW upload.

I tried exporting an ADI file and uploading it through TQSL. I received a message saying the data had already been uploaded.

What I see when I log in to LOTW is that nothing appears to process.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI1U wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 00:11

What I see when I log in to LOTW is that nothing appears to process.

Have you actually checked if the QSO's appear on the LOTW site?
73 Terry G4POP
KI1U
Novice Class

Post by KI1U »

Yes, with each attempted upload. Nothing is showing up on the LOTW site. Also checked in account activity and nothing shows there either. This has been the case for the automatic uploads when LOG4OM shuts down and for the ADI files created from LOG4OM and uploaded through TQSL.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KI1U wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 11:55 Yes, with each attempted upload. Nothing is showing up on the LOTW site. Also checked in account activity and nothing shows there either. This has been the case for the automatic uploads when LOG4OM shuts down and for the ADI files created from LOG4OM and uploaded through TQSL.
Mike,

As part of 'debugging' have you tried a manual update to LOTW from the QSL Manager?

Same or different results?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX