CAT does not connect on launch 2.15.0.0

V2 error reports
HP3AK
Novice Class

CAT does not connect on launch 2.15.0.0

Post by HP3AK »

In the last 3 versions of Log4OM (clean install at 2.14.0.0) I have to manually connect CAT control after starting Log4OM. It is set up to automatically connect. ***Also #2 problem: When using the separate "recent qso window" locked to "always on top", then the new log entries after that point do not show until closing and reopening the separate window.
HP3AK
Novice Class

Re: CAT does not connect on launch 2.15.0.0

Post by HP3AK »

#2 problem is OK now. Sorry
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

HP3AK2 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 14:32 #2 problem is OK now. Sorry
#1 Program config/CAT set to auto start
73 Terry G4POP
HP3AK
Novice Class

Post by HP3AK »

to reproduce the problem: (Happens every time in last three releases here.)

1. Settings|Hardware Configuration|CAT interface| Hamlib (selected)| (checked) CAT auto-start.
2. When program starts, go to Connect|CAT| and notice the green arrow in front of Start CAT -- but CAT did not start and offl ine shows in place of frequency.
3. CAT starts OK by clicking on "Start CAT" and green arrow turns gray, red x appears before Stop CAT. Everything appears and works normally.

If you need more information please let me know. Thanks
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

HP3AK2 wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 11:52 to reproduce the problem: (Happens every time in last three releases here.)

1. Settings|Hardware Configuration|CAT interface| Hamlib (selected)| (checked) CAT auto-start.
2. When program starts, go to Connect|CAT| and notice the green arrow in front of Start CAT -- but CAT did not start and offl ine shows in place of frequency.
3. CAT starts OK by clicking on "Start CAT" and green arrow turns gray, red x appears before Stop CAT. Everything appears and works normally.

Jay,

Have you tried selected OmniRig for CAT control rather than Hamlib? You might give that a try and see if the results are similar ... or not.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5IO wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 15:26
HP3AK2 wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 11:52 to reproduce the problem: (Happens every time in last three releases here.)

Jay,

Have you tried selected OmniRig for CAT control rather than Hamlib? You might give that a try and see if the results are similar ... or not.

Nolan
If you recal I informed Lele about the latest Hamlib not automatically starting when I tried to use it for Flexradio?

He checked it and informed us that it was because the new version of Hamlib cannot automatically start!
73 Terry G4POP