Pop up windows are Blank

V2 error reports
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Pop up windows are Blank

Post by KD5YCY »

Hello all, My name is Joe KD5YCY

I have been running Log4om2 for some time now. On my shack computer it runs perfectly using my MySql server. Ok so I picked up a new ThinkPad laptop running Windows 10 pro and installed Log4om2 (did not run it) replaced the Log4om directory with a copy of the one from my home computer and it works great. Now here is the problem I’m having when I left click Program notification or click Import ADFI file or ADFI export or send SPOT. The window will appear but will be (BLANK) it will say what the window is for but nothing is in it. So I’m at a loss. So now I turn to the group for help…

Thanks in advance. 73 Joe KD5YCY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Pop up windows are Blank

Post by G4POP »

Have you tried a fresh install but with no virus protection or firewalls running?
73 Terry G4POP
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Post by KD5YCY »

Yes Sir, I just did a fresh install with no Firewall or Defender running. ( No change ) Still just a blank window :(
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Was it a clean install or did you just reinstall over the existing version?
73 Terry G4POP
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Post by KD5YCY »

I reinstalled over the existing install...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Try uninstalling Log4OM, restarting the PC and reinstalling
73 Terry G4POP
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Post by KD5YCY »

Okay I can do that. So do you want me to uninstall restart reinstall and set it up as a (New) and run it to see if the popups work or not run it and replace the Log4om Directory ?

Thanks for your help
73 Joe KD5YCY
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Post by KD5YCY »

Okay, so I went ahead and Uninstalled restarted CPU. Installed New set it up as new user all popup's work fine!!! Shut it down restarted CPU replaced (Log4om) working Directory with mine. All works as should except popup windows are still blank! Man I don't want to have to set all that stuff up in a new install it took me day's to get it just right.

Joe KD5YCY
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

When you say you changed to your working directory what do you mean please explaun
73 Terry G4POP
KD5YCY
Novice Class

Post by KD5YCY »

Working Directory meaning the one I saved from my working install. Anyway so after I tried that I tried the backup steps out of the manual... So what I did was a fresh Install set minimal stuff to get it going checked popup's worked fine as they should. Went to my backup folder witch is on another drive and coped the config.json file and replaced the one in log4om/user started it, all came back as excepted but guess what (the popup windows are blank) so what ever it is to do with it's in that file.

Sorry don't mean to be a pain...
Joe KD5YCY