additional backups do not rotate

V2 error reports
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Re: additional backups do not rotate

Post by W4EBB »

Nolan:
I am not understanding.
On the Backup configuration page are two sets of backups.

The first one works fine. After 15 days (my setting) it removes the oldest file(s).

I am asking about the second set "Enable additional backups". Even though I have it set to start deleting after 15 days - it doesn't- it just keeps accumulating. Why?

Charlie
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W4EBB wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 14:31 Nolan:
I am not understanding.
On the Backup configuration page are two sets of backups.

The first one works fine. After 15 days (my setting) it removes the oldest file(s).

I am asking about the second set "Enable additional backups". Even though I have it set to start deleting after 15 days - it doesn't- it just keeps accumulating. Why?

Charlie
Charlie,

I understand your noted difference in the main and additional backups.

However ... I can't explain why. As I noted in an above post we (Alpha & Beta team) have been asking Daniele about these hiccups for some time.

In the meantime most of us on the teams have just taken to deleting the string of backups once they get too big. In my case, I just create a new "backup folder" and let the backup/save to start again in the new folder. I then move those older backup folders to an external/backup drive I have.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
W4EBB
Advanced Class

Post by W4EBB »

Yes, what I do is when I think about it I delete "excess" additional backups. I was just reporting something that was not working. Before I did so I searched for someone else reporting this issue - did not find any - so I reported it.

Charlie