Update 2.19 RX Frequency and RX Band Blank

V2 error reports
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Update 2.19 RX Frequency and RX Band Blank

Post by M0XYG »

Hi.
I posted this in 'User support' a few days ago but had no response. I now see that two others have reported the same issue about zero entry in RX frequency field in this forum section.

I did the update to 2.19 on 26th Jan and since doing that my log no longer contains RX Band or RX Frequency data, only zeros. in 2.18 It previously matched the TX frequency automatically and recorded them fine. Is this an update glitch or op. error or Omnirig not playing now properly with 2.19 issue?

If you press split on the rig the RX Freq and RX Band populate as you would expect them to. Turning off split puts the RX Band and RX Freq back to zeros.

Not connected to the above directly but I also noticed that Lat and Lon fields of the other station seems not to be logged too, only filled with zeros being recorded in the QSO manager automatically. However, manually highlighting the records in QSO manager then clicking the 'update info' button to get info from external sources that action populates the lat and lon field properly. Should this be an automatic filed at the point of logging?

Any help gratefully received on these issues.

Icom 7300. v1.41
Sony Vaio I7, Windows 10 Pro.
Omnirig 1.20

Thanks for a good product.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Update 2.19 RX Frequency and RX Band Blank

Post by KI5IO »

Marc,

There is not any need to make repeat/multiple posts of the same issue.

We have this item flagged and in queue to be looked at and resolved.

Pls be patient as support team we are all volunteers and also have personal items related to work, family, health to take care of. A few of our team members have also been dealing with 1st and 2nd afflictions of Covid-19.

I'll repeat: Pls be patient.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Post by M0XYG »

Hi Nolan,
Thank you for letting me know the Dev team are aware and have it flagged. I do understand all the 'life' issues that all of us face.
I didn't post again to get an immediate solution to the issue itself so my patience in the matter is immaterial to the rationale for posting as I did. Please allow me to explain.
As someone very new to the forum I simply followed the directions from Terry's pinned post where he writes; Search first, check User guide, check YouTube then if a solution is not readily found then post a detailed question to see if another user has a solution/ same issue and not to email support direct with it unless specifically instructed to etc.
I searched, found nothing at the time of my first post so I subsequently posted the question in the 'User Support' section without a response or read, then when I saw the other two posts reporting the same/similar issue in 'Error Reports' a couple of days later but without any of the detail I had put in following the guidelines set by Terry about detail. I followed a line of thinking that the Error Reporting section is probably where the Dev team looks for error reports rather than just allowing users to self help in resolving a perceived problem in 'user support' section.

Maybe the instruction could indicate more clearly that the Dev team read all posts and will pick up all issues/fault from whatever 'room' in the forum it is located, but that seems rather inefficient on the face of it.
An improvement, if I can suggest it, if the Dev team do actually become aware of errors by trawling the entire forum for potential issues then maybe a simple acknowledgment (akin to the second line of your post in response to me) that the Dev team have at least looked at a post, not even necessarily ascertained that it is not just user error. That certainly would have negated the repost by me to have known it had at least been noted for action by the Dev team
Alternatively, do away with the two separate forum rooms of 'user support' and 'error reporting' ways of reporting issues for resolution, after all a single user doesn't necessarily know if it is a user error alone or systematic error making it an Error that Dev team might need to know about until another user post the same problem.

Like I said previously, great product and add to that I do appreciate all the support and Dev teams work.

Marc
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Because is a redundant data, when it's the same of tx

This from ADIF.org: standard

BAND_RX = in a split frequency QSO, the logging station's receiving band
FREQ_RX = in a split frequency QSO, the logging station's receiving frequency in Megahertz

So it's redundant unless working split
73 Terry G4POP
M0XYG
Advanced Class

Post by M0XYG »

Thanks Terry.
I really appreciate the responses, and fully understand the rationale in it being superfluous data, it was just that versions 2.18 and earlier did record the RX data too and it was conspicuous in its omission in 2.19 when looking at the data tables. I didn't see mention of the revision to align that field with the ADIF standard in the release notes to only include RX freq and RX band when in split so it was unexpected behaviour from the user perspective.

Thank you all again.
PE1PIN
Novice Class

Post by PE1PIN »

Hi,

Is this the same reason why V2 UDP does not send all this information to V1? In V2 all is available but I updated to V2 2.21.0.0 this information(Band RX + Freq RX)is not visible in V1 anymore.

In the previous version no problems at all.

Thank you in advance.

Roland