Label Print not listing QSL Managers in "via" box

V2 error reports
G4MLV
Novice Class

Label Print not listing QSL Managers in "via" box

Post by G4MLV »

I am using version 2.20.00. After some time out of action and not having printed labels for a while, I tried to print labels. QSL Via details are not picked from QRZ.Com or from my log. When I go into Routing for a new QSO, I have noticed that something appears in the Via box and disappears immediately.
The button to the left of the Via box has a darker square round it than the other two buttons at the side of the name and address boxes (does that mean its permanently active?).

The only way that I can get QSL details is by entering the callsign into the log and accessing QRZ.Com or by scrolling down my log to find any QSL details I have previously entered.

I went back to version 2.18. It did not access info from QRZ.Com but did find QSL VIA details that I had entered into my log.

I would appreciate any advice.
G4MLV
Novice Class

Re: Label Print not listing QSL Managers in "via" box

Post by G4MLV »

Just to bring my experiences up to date.

As there was no response to my post, I decide that there must be a problem with my PC.
I therefore tried a number of versions of Log4OM2 on my laptop (running Windows 11). I had the same results on the laptop.
During my final trial, having pressed the tick box on an entry, I clicked the previous box to check that I had clicked "Manager". It went back to the green screen and, much to my surprise, the QSL Mangers callsign was in the grey MANAGER box. I continued with a number of QSOs with QSL Managers. I then clicked the pdf button under the print tab. The labels had the via QSL managers details on ready for printing. Clearly, I should have done this earlier and saved myself a lot of time.

I'm still mystified that I am the only person with this anomaly. Perhaps I have missed something in the set up or in update notes. Still all's well that ends well.

I hope that my post hasn't been a waste of space. I just wanted to bring things up to date. I'm not sure if it is possible for me to delete my post but if I can, I will do so.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

G4MLV wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 13:05 Just to bring my experiences up to date.

As there was no response to my post, I decide that there must be a problem with my PC.
I therefore tried a number of versions of Log4OM2 on my laptop (running Windows 11). I had the same results on the laptop.
During my final trial, having pressed the tick box on an entry, I clicked the previous box to check that I had clicked "Manager". It went back to the green screen and, much to my surprise, the QSL Mangers callsign was in the grey MANAGER box. I continued with a number of QSOs with QSL Managers. I then clicked the pdf button under the print tab. The labels had the via QSL managers details on ready for printing. Clearly, I should have done this earlier and saved myself a lot of time.

I'm still mystified that I am the only person with this anomaly. Perhaps I have missed something in the set up or in update notes. Still all's well that ends well.

I hope that my post hasn't been a waste of space. I just wanted to bring things up to date. I'm not sure if it is possible for me to delete my post but if I can, I will do so.
Leonard,

On the contrary your input is appreciated and valued. Each OM has and uses different elements of Log4OM (and other logging APPs) somewhat differently.

Actually if you could bullet point detail your experience/findings and upload some screen clips that would be great for other OMs to view as a 'mini-tutorial'.

Tnx very much.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have to ask if you clicked the confirm button for each QSO?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (132.12 KiB) Viewed 1346 times
73 Terry G4POP
G4MLV
Novice Class

Post by G4MLV »

Hi Terry.
Yes I clicked the confirm button each time. when I then clicked the previous button, the QSL Manager callsign s were in the grey manager box. When I clicked the confirm button and went to the next QSO, the QSL Manager callsign came up instantaneously into the QSL via box but was erased when QRZ.COM was automatically accessed.
iz8ewd
Novice Class

Post by iz8ewd »

I confirm the bug.
The QSL VIA box isn't properly populated with the information inserted in the saved QSO.

Also, I have already selected the QSL shipping method (bureau, direct, manager...) in the saved QSO, but for each label I have to select it again, it should take the saved choice by default.