Edit QSO / ADIF Export blank

V2 error reports
KF5WGB
Novice Class

Edit QSO / ADIF Export blank

Post by KF5WGB »

Hi guys,
I got a new PC running Win10 Pro and installed the latest Log4OM, copied all the settings from the old PC and imported latest ADI file from QRZ (lost all my contacts on the old PC). Now there are no addresses in the ADIF file from QRZ. Right click on QSO -> Edit QSO and nothing. The edit window does not show. Same with ADIF export. What I can see is in the taskbar a white empty "preview".
See attached PNG. Any Ideas?
Thanks.
73 de KF5WGB
Attachments
Edit-Export-missing.png
Edit-Export-missing.png (45.67 KiB) Viewed 1362 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Edit QSO / ADIF Export blank

Post by KI5IO »

Ralf,

Your combined images are too small to view to get any hints/value from.

You say you copied your settings from the old PC and placed in the same folder in the new PC. That being the case you should have also been able to copy your backup files assuming you had been making backup copies when running Log4OM V2.

I'm assuming many things here as you are not clear. When you say you "copied settings from the old PC" ... were those the settings in the c:/users/YOUR USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user ??

If that is the case did you follow the EMERGENCIES instructions that are spelled out in the current User Guide starting on Page 230?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

QRZ only stores very basic data, don't rely on it

As Nolan stated you should have backup ADIF files on old pc and may even be able to recover the main database which is an sqlite file
73 Terry G4POP
KF5WGB
Novice Class

Post by KF5WGB »

KI5IO wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 17:03
Your combined images are too small to view to get any hints/value from.
-> The Image is a screenshot from the Taskbar, the "preview" you get when you move the mouse over the "app" in question.
-> Sorry, this is as big as it gets. The main point here was to show that the "Edit QSO" and "Export Adif" are blank.

I'm assuming many things here as you are not clear. When you say you "copied settings from the old PC" ... were those the settings in the c:/users/YOUR USER NAME/AppData/Roaming/Log4OM2/user ??
-> Yes, to get all Settings back into the software without having to enter everything again. That worked fine and was not the problem.
-> Problem is: I can not get the EDIT QSO window to show. It does not come up and the Preview in the Taskbar is "BLANK".
-> Backup was destroyed due to Harddrive crash, that's why i downloaded my QSOs from QRZ and now want to Edit the QSOs.
Hope that clears some misunderstandings.
73 de KF5WGB
KF5WGB
Novice Class

Post by KF5WGB »

Hi OM's,
Found the problem. Was the Video driver for a WAVlink USB-> VGA external Adapter. I have a 3 Monitor setup, Mon1 and 2 on a videocard that can run 2 Monitors and Mon3 on the external USB adapter. When I select the USB as "main" monitor, the Edit QSO and Export Adif window do not come up. Once I selected Monitor 1 on the internal videocard as "main" Monitor, the problem was gone. Go figure. No clue why.
Anyway. Case closed :-)
73 de KF5WGB
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KF5WGB wrote: 31 Mar 2022, 21:04 Hi OM's,
Found the problem. Was the Video driver for a WAVlink USB-> VGA external Adapter. I have a 3 Monitor setup, Mon1 and 2 on a videocard that can run 2 Monitors and Mon3 on the external USB adapter. When I select the USB as "main" monitor, the Edit QSO and Export Adif window do not come up. Once I selected Monitor 1 on the internal videocard as "main" Monitor, the problem was gone. Go figure. No clue why.
Anyway. Case closed :-)
73 de KF5WGB
Ralf,

Glad you got to the bottom of that. Wish you had provided all that additional information with your original post. We might have been able to help you get to the issue sooner.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX