Unsupported C4FM mode on Yaesu?

V2 error reports
ng7v
Advanced Class

Unsupported C4FM mode on Yaesu?

Post by ng7v »

I put my radio on 2m C4FM and the CAT connection went offline. I did some research on hamlib/rigctl and discovered that C4FM is not a supported mode in rigctl but the FT-991 radio is supported as "stable" in the supported rig list, go figure! It seems that when the mode changes to C4FM on the radio, the polling routine on the CAT interface declares a timeout and closes down the interface.

I assumed that HamLib and RigCtl should pass back some sort of error on their interface. I tried to look up the API documentation but it is very thin on error reporting. Is there a way to capture some sort of error and leave the cat interface up so that the QSO form can still pick up what it can to complete the data ? Even, if possible highlight the mode field as being in error?

In the mean time, I will refrain from using C4FM or, if I do, I will ignore the problem and just restart the CAT interface.
Ron (NG7V)
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Unsupported C4FM mode on Yaesu?

Post by G4POP »

Speak to Hamlib about that or perhaps try Omnirig?
73 Terry G4POP
ng7v
Advanced Class

Re: Unsupported C4FM mode on Yaesu?

Post by ng7v »

Terry,

I didn't get to the Log4OM debug menu item until after I entered my post. I understand where the problem resides.

I reported the issue to the HamLib git repository:
RigCtl fails to return valid result when setting FT-991 into C4FM mode #1027

I also added in a second issue that I encountered:
RigCtl fails to return valid result when requesting VFOB status with FT-991 is put into split operation #1028
Ron (NG7V)