Mode switches to RTTY when connecting to CAT

V2 error reports
W7NJN
Novice Class

Mode switches to RTTY when connecting to CAT

Post by W7NJN »

I can't really determine an exact pattern, but, when Log4OM is open (v 2.22.0.0) and I go to Connect --> Cat --> Start Cat, the mode goes to RTTY even those my IC-7610 is in USB mode. Trying to figure out what's gong on here, but if I don't remember to adjust it, I keep logging as RTTY.

I'm using Hamlib, and other than that, everything seems to work fine. It's connect via serial, 19200, 1 stop bit, RTS/DTR, and NONE for Data Carrier Detect.

Anyone else seen this?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Mode switches to RTTY when connecting to CAT

Post by G4POP »

Please use Omnirig
73 Terry G4POP
W7NJN
Novice Class

Post by W7NJN »

Thank you, looks like Omnirig is working better. I was originally having and issue with Omnirig not working with WSJT-X, but I found that if I launch both Log4OM 2 and WSJT-X as administrator, and set WSJT-X to use "Omni Rig 1", I can have both open at the same time. Pretty neat!
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

W7NJN wrote: 25 May 2022, 17:23 Thank you, looks like Omnirig is working better. I was originally having and issue with Omnirig not working with WSJT-X, but I found that if I launch both Log4OM 2 and WSJT-X as administrator, and set WSJT-X to use "Omni Rig 1", I can have both open at the same time. Pretty neat!
Matt,

That is covered in detail in the extensive User Guide.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX