Problem Updating WPX

Update and distribution of news relating to awards

Moderator: OE6CLD

EC1DQ
Novice Class

Problem Updating WPX

Post by EC1DQ »

Hello everyone! I'll try to explain myself the best I can. In previous versions of LOG4OM, I had a problem in the "awards" section with the WPX award. For example: to OH2BH, LOG4OM assigned the prefix OH, instead of OH2; to G4POP, prefix G, instead of G4. I had to do a manual fix for all these errors. Currently, the program doesn´t have this problem.
Now, the current problem: There are certain records, that despite performing the manual correction of the WPX prefix (for example EA1), once I delete the previous wrongly assigned prefix (EA), I save and reopen the record to verify the change, and... Tada! itkeeps the two prefixes, EA and EA1, and LOG4OM understands that "EA" is the correct prefix. Is there any way to fix this problem?

TIA 73
OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem Updating WPX

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Carlos,

I quickly checked my log for wrong prefixes, but everything seems to be correct. I would suggest trying the QSO Manager (Utilities -> QSO Manager) first. You can search for specific callsigns, partial callsigns or date ranges. There is a "Pfx" column which you can drag more to the left if needed. NExt select the QSOs you want to update (click - shift click for ranges or CTRL-click for single rows).

Next lick on the button "QSO Checks" (second from right) and in the drop-down list select "11 - Update Prefix (PFX)". Make sure that the check box "SIMULATION" is NOT selected (by default it is), then click on EXECUTE. You can enable the "SIMULATION" checkbox first to verify how many records will be changed. If the result is "0 qso worked" nothing will be (or has been) changed.

Please check afterwards if your QSOs are correct now and let me know.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ
EC1DQ
Novice Class

Post by EC1DQ »

Hi, Claus.. thank you very much for your suggestions. They worked partially: All those stations with a normal callsing, lets say OE6CLD, were updated correctly, but those stations portable, for instance, EA1/OE6CLD, won't be updated and keep EA, as the prefix... BUT, I found something interesting. For instance, A60ZHD/2 and A60EXPO/2 won't be updated. LOG4OM will keep "A2" as the prefix, no matter what you do, but even worse is the fact that LOG4OM will keep Botswana as the country for all the other awards, i.e DXCC. If you keep the call as it is on the log A60ZHD/2 the software will track the QSO with incorrect data. Curious. Well, I suspect that this issue was discussed previously, who knows? You never know, right? Thanks for your help. I will forward to you any further advance or info about this matter.

OE6CLD
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by OE6CLD »

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your update. EA1/OE6CLD definitely should show up as EA1. I will do some tests but never had any problems with these kinds of callsigns. The other example is much more tricky. From my point of view, A60ZHD/2 or A60EXPO/2 are invalid - the prefix still should be A60. A2 would be a different DXCC country, and I don't understand the /2 at the end. Like /QRP or /LH - both are invalid. But, it's very tricky and close to impossible to set up an algorithm for these rare exceptions. Suffixes like /QRP or /LH is something you can consider and exclude, valid numbers at the end like /2 is a big difference.

I will give you some feedback regarding the EA1 problem over the weekend at the latest.

Claus, OE6CLD
Claus, OE6CLD/DJ0DX/EI7JZ