Band Map Mouse Actions

General discussions V2
kg5evi
Novice Class

Band Map Mouse Actions

Post by kg5evi »

Band Map Mouse Actions->Cluster Actions->Single Click (everything works fine). When I Double click a Call Sign I am expecting my radio to be tuned to the Band/ Frequency/ Mode for the call sign I double clicked on. However, what happens when I double click on call sign using FT8 mode, I am taken to the correct band/frequency but the RADIO gets set to RTTY instead of FT8. Are there settings I need to investigate? Documentation for this capability start on page 78 of the latest User Guide.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Band Map Mouse Actions

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

Which version of Log4OM do you have installed? Current release is: v2.22.0.10

What is your rig?

What CAT control you using? OmniRig or Hamlib?

If your rig is an Icom 7300 check on page 26 of the U.G. for some additional direction.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kg5evi
Novice Class

Post by kg5evi »

Which version of Log4OM do you have installed? Current release is: v2.22.0.10

Answer: I am running 2.21.1.0. I see the latest beta but have not updated my version.

What is your rig?

Answer: Rig is Yaseu FT2000D

What CAT control you using? OmniRig or Hamlib?

Answer: I am using Omnirig version 1.19.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

FT2K is a nice rig. I had one many years ago, but that was before I started the 1st version of Log4OM.

Anyway ... with Omnirig there are two INI files to choose from. Likely some minor tweaks in the commands for each of those INI files. You could possibly select the one you are not using and give it a try.

Also ... there are tic boxes in the Configuration / CAT tab where you can make some optional changes about what order commands are sent from Log4OM to the rig.

Check the Config / CAT panel and the tic box about switching to Digital and you also might have RTTY selected in the dropdown instead of FT8.

Images of the two FT2K OmniRig INI files that are in the current database from OmniRig and the location in Log4OM for CAT options.
Attachments
config-cat.JPG
config-cat.JPG (77.7 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
cat-omnirig-ini-ft2k.JPG
cat-omnirig-ini-ft2k.JPG (16.53 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kg5evi
Novice Class

Post by kg5evi »

I looked at the Omnirig choice and noticed there are actually four choices. I tried them all and got the same result except one of the choices set mode to PKT whereas the remaining three selections set mode to RTTY.

I revisited the Configuration / CAT like you suggested and ticked boxes, Invert SSB side (Digital) and box Send MODE before FREQ to radio. No change; CAT still set rig to RTTY.

Sorry to be slow in responding but I am not getting notifications. I rechecked my notification settings but maybe I need to log off then log back on to reinitialize new settings... I get this figured out before too long.