Switching on Radio at Staartup

General discussions V2
ZS6BRZ
New user

Switching on Radio at Staartup

Post by ZS6BRZ »

Before posing this question, in case someone had already posed the question, I looked through the FAQs and then paged through the first 10 pages then went from p27 down to p25 to see if it is covered but could find nothing relating to the issue.

I have been using HRD V5.24 (Free) for a few years. Each time I start up HRD, it would switch my TS-590S on automatically. I decided to change over to Log4OM because HRD started to lose information on the frequency I was using. Sometimes it had not recorded the frequency at all when I wanted to update to QRZ.com The clock would switch randomly from UTC to Local Time so it became a headache to tie QSOs up according to times and frequencies.

With Log4OM, I find that I have to switch the radio on manually. Is there a setting that will power up the radio once Log4OM is activated? I am still new to Log45OM so the learning curve is steep !

Thanks for considering the question. I will check for the answer on my next visit to the Forum.

73 to the Team - Sam ZS6BRZ
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Switching on Radio at Staartup

Post by G4POP »

No there is not that possibility
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Switching on Radio at Staartup

Post by CT1BXX »

ZS6BRZ wrote: 24 May 2022, 21:24 ... Is there a setting that will power up the radio once Log4OM is activated? .

73 to the Team - Sam ZS6BRZ
Hi Sam.
To control my radio (CAT) I use FLRig.
FLRig can work with Hamlib or Omnirig and also with FLDigi for digimodes. It is very interesting and also you can create some extra buttons, configuring with particular commands for your radio.
This software is able to turn radio ON, and Off when closing.
It works fine with Log4OM~So you only need to configure Log4OM to call FLRig automatically.

I hope it can help...
Have a nice day.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX