Log4OM Cluster Spots to Flex 6000

General discussions V2
F5VAI
Novice Class

Log4OM Cluster Spots to Flex 6000

Post by F5VAI »

First of all many thanks To Daniele and everyone else for a superb update to Log4OM, especially the propagation info and general style, which is very clean and readable.

I am trying to get spots from Log4OM V2 to Flex. I know I can use SliceMaster, but I would sooner have a minimum of software running. I have tried using UDP outgoing with the local server connected, but not sure how to configure CAT correctly incoming.

Has anyone tried this yet?

73 Andy F5VAI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM Cluster Spots to Flex 6000

Post by G4POP »

Telnet cluster start the server and then connect flex to server
73 Terry G4POP
F5VAI
Novice Class

Post by F5VAI »

Hi Terry,

On further research I think I am correct in saying that there is no capability in SmartSDR to directly connect to a cluster server via telnet. Spots can be provided from certain programs such as N1MM, FRStack, Slicemaster, DXLabs, and Logger32 as well as any other third party program that uses the new Flex Spot API commands in the radio.

I was hoping that V2 would have more API connection to Flex, as previously mentioned in a number of forum discussions. Hopefully this is something we can look forward to.

Anyway enjoying the new software in other ways. Thank you.

Andy F5VAI
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

That would be really great. Being able to feed spots to SmartSDR. Here is the link to the Flex SSDR Spots API https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/?wp ... x-6000-api

From the SmartSDR Manual:
SmartSDR for Windows introduced a feature that allows Spots, supplied by third party programs, to be displayed directly in the Panadapter window. Some of these programs include N1MM, FRStack, Slicemaster, DXLabs, and Logger32. While there is no capability in SmartSDR to directly connect to a cluster server via telnet, spots can be provided using these programs as well as any other third-party program that uses the Spot API commands in the radio. This section explains the various Spot controls that are available in SmartSDR."
You could also ingest spots by simply sending a TCP/IP packet to the Flex radio as described here:

http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?tit ... TCP/IP_API
http://wiki.flexradio.com/index.php?tit ... 1568633096
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

Anything new on this issue? Spots from a cluster connected with Log4OM do not appear on SmartSDR panadapter
Andy K3UK
HB9VQQ
Old Man

Post by HB9VQQ »

Currently, I am still using FRSTack to display Spots on SmartSDR. Wish it would be working directly from Log4OM without FRSTack.

Roland
Flex 6600 - Spiderbeam
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

This is unlikely because I got rid of my Flex
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm in difficult trying to figure out how to deal with Flex, mainly because i can't directly test it working or check the radio answer to my commands.

I've asked, some years ago, support from Flex in order to have a REMOTE device on their side with exposed ports so i can actively work with a real unit and test integration, but they asked a commercial agreement to sell the Flex plugin on behalf of me (providing me royalties and everything else) and i refused.

On the other side i was able to provide support for Expert Electronics SUNSDR in some weeks when they sent me a SunSDR2 QRP device to be used and tested in depth.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KE0YBL
Novice Class

Post by KE0YBL »

Unfortunate that the folks at Flex Radio were unwilling to accommodate this. Lots of us Flex users also use Log4OM.

You might try reaching out to the folks at https://www.remotehamradio.com/? They allow native remote connectivity to Flex radios. Perhaps they'd be willing to waive the annual cost given you'd be developing something worthwhile to their users, and also given the fact that you'd not be spending much time transmitting/etc.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4POP wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 17:09 This is unlikely because I got rid of my Flex
Perhaps you now understand why I disposed of my Flex after 6 months of hoping for assistance so we could support it and why I upgraded to the SUNSDR 2 DX
73 Terry G4POP