FT8 to Log4OM

General discussions V2
G4IUA
Advanced Class

FT8 to Log4OM

Post by G4IUA »

I've migrated to v2 successfully and I'm very pleased with the appearance and functionality.
Just a question when using WSJT-X for FT8 operation: when I double click on a callsign to start a QSO should this automatically be reflected in the 'CALLSIGN' box? When entering a callsign manually (SSB) all the relevant info comes up (linked to qrz.com) - a very nice feature. However I would have thought this would happen with WSJT-X as well? If so, please point me in the right direction to correct this. Everything else (rotator control, etc.) works brilliantly.

Jeff - G4IUA
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: FT8 to Log4OM

Post by NN7D »

Hi Jeff,

Yes, you can link the DX Call field in WSJTx (or JTDX) to the Callsign field in Log4OM V2. See page 134 of the manual for the setup details. In the example in the manual its the 3rd UDP Inbound connection listed - port 2333. You need to have matching ports also set in WSJTx.

But, beware, if you have JTAlert also running, it will gobble up those UDP messages before they get to V2. But there is a work around for that which I have posted on another thread - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4324&start=10

Doug
W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Hi Doug,

Thank you - that works beautifully. Meantime I'd worked this out after reading the manual properly (!) but thanks for confirming it. Next I'll try your workaround for use with JTAlert.

73s
Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4IUA wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 20:34 Hi Doug,

Thank you - that works beautifully. Meantime I'd worked this out after reading the manual properly (!) but thanks for confirming it. Next I'll try your workaround for use with JTAlert.

73s
Jeff - G4IUA
No need a new version of JTalert has been released which supports Log4OM version 2
73 Terry G4POP
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

they will still need the Rebroadcast of the DX Call UDP packets if running JTAlert...
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA