GridTracker

General discussions V2
k0guz
Novice Class

GridTracker

Post by k0guz »

FT8/FT4 users might be interested in trying Grid Tracker, https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/, which is a graphic interface for WSJT-X, and has most of the same features as JTAlert, and a lot more. It works seamlessly with Log4OM with if you add the first line below to configuration | connections:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.71 KiB) Viewed 9373 times
Unlike JTAlert, however, GridTracker simply rebroadcasts the QSO information but does not check to make sure it was received; thus, if you forget to start Log4OM first, the QSO won't be entered in your Log4OM log.
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Re: GridTracker

Post by IK0TIX »

Hi Stephen
I discovered gridtracker on this forum.
I absolutely agree with you: it is truly a well-made program.
I am not a fan of digital modes (I prefer phone) but I am using FT8 to try to work those North American States that I cannot reach (generally they are your innermost States such as Wyouming, Idahao, Montana etc. guys help me!) and complete my 50USA.
Gridtracker is helping me to find these areas without continuous CQUSA CQUSA.
Max IK0TIX
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

The only problem was that GridTracker would not run side by side with JTAlert, until today.

See the settings for GridTracker-JTAlert-JTDX (not WSJT-X) here:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/27544

73 de Vince
k0guz
Novice Class

Post by k0guz »

Ha! I live in western Colorado and have WAS on 30M for every state but Wyoming...and that's less than 200 km north of my QTH. So don't feel badly.

Now that GridTracker has evolved, I find that I don't need to use JTAlert any more, so trying to get them both to work at the same time is not an issue. I was very, very pleasantly surprised at how well the new version of Log4OM works with that program. Good job!
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

k0guz wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 01:01 I find that I don't need to use JTAlert any more
It´s like using WSJT-X or JTDX, for each of us one or the other doing better
what we want. Laurie (VK3AMA) is doing a great Job with JTalert and integrating
it to new loggers and it has the best "Worked B4" stats. It´s simple, easy and if
you have set alarms you can let it run in the background....

Just my 2 cts ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

k0guz wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 17:20 FT8/FT4 users might be interested in trying Grid Tracker, https://tagloomis.com/grid-tracker/, which is a graphic interface for WSJT-X, and has most of the same features as JTAlert, and a lot more. It works seamlessly with Log4OM with if you add the first line below to configuration | connections:

Capture.PNG

Unlike JTAlert, however, GridTracker simply rebroadcasts the QSO information but does not check to make sure it was received; thus, if you forget to start Log4OM first, the QSO won't be entered in your Log4OM log.
I'm a gridtracker user too. But can't use it in V2. See here my settings in V1 and V2, please advice me what am i'm doing wrong:
Log4OMV1

WSJT-X UDP 2333 Gridtracker 2333 .....> log4 OM 2236
WSJT-X ADIF 2237
k0guz
Novice Class

Post by k0guz »

This is from the author of GridTracker on a Facebook forum:
In Log4OM V2 Configuration->Software integration->Connections create a new entry "Port" 2236 "Connection Name" GRID TRACKER "Service Type" UDP_INBOUND ADIF_MESSAGE and be sure it's enabled [X]
PA0AER
Advanced Class

Post by PA0AER »

Thanks, I did. This is how it works with V1. Gridtracker is now in V2 working perfectly, but not together with log4omV2. No qso information, no logging into log4om.
k0guz
Novice Class

Post by k0guz »

PA0AER wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 15:24 Thanks, I did. This is how it works with V1. Gridtracker is now in V2 working perfectly, but not together with log4omV2. No qso information, no logging into log4om.
Hmmm. You are running all 3 programs (WSJT-X, GridTracker and Log4OM) at the same time, right? I found that if I start Log4OM first, then WSJT-X then GridTracker it works.
NI4TG
Novice Class

Post by NI4TG »

Log4OM 2, WSJT X, and Gridtracker (night view). The instructions on the Gridtracker site under media are great.
IMG_0766.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg (87.27 KiB) Viewed 7962 times