LoTW download

General discussions V2
NT6X
Advanced Class

LoTW download

Post by NT6X »

I usually do a quick LoTW download after every operating session for confirmations since I last checked. Since I check LoTW almost every night, I should have a handful of confirmations at most. However every time I download confirmations it takes 40+ min to complete. The "Last Download" box is checked on the download page so it should only take a few seconds to check for new confirmations, right? It seems like it's treating it as a fresh ADIF log and is parsing all 34k QSO's each time.

Am I doing something wrong?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LoTW download

Post by G4POP »

No your not doing anything wrong its also downloading old paper QSL confirmations we are making that an option for next release
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

So this partially answered one question I had. It's not uncommon that my PC stays on for several days. LOG4OM V2 will upload when the session closes. How can I do it manually? When I tried to click on the "Upload" or "Download" they are gray'd out and I don't see where I can choose EQSL or LOTW, as was possible in V1.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I just re-wrote the user guide about this so please download it again, think its page 62 or somewhere near
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Thanks - doing it now
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Reference to not downloading paper QSL confirmations refers to a user choice in next release
73 Terry G4POP
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Terry
I did the manual download and it worked fine - took about 2 minutes.
I'm a bit confused, what do you mean about downloading "paper QSL" data?
With V1 it would show "New Confirmations" and perhaps the last few from the past few days. My understanding was that LOTW is only tracking QSO's that you made using LOTW.

From years past, much of my DXCC credits were derived from paper QSL's that were checked by the ARRL, and they show as credits. New QSL's that I enter (in LOG4OM) are part of my local records, until I would have them checked and the ARRL would manually enter these credits.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

That means that TQSL will download granted confirmations which you have send to a cardchecker.
Those confirmations also will stored in your LotW account. If you don´t have done so uncheck
this and LotW download will only check these confirmations which uploaded by electronic way.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.