Release note – Version 2.3.0.0

General discussions V2
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Release note – Version 2.3.0.0

Post by IW3HMH »

• CAT frequency display is now user configurable for best visual comfort in Settings -> CAT

• Added viewable Clublog Sent, QRZCom Sent, HamQTH Sent fields to the list of available fields in grid.

• Faster LOTW download. “paper qsl confirmation download” made optional. You should use it only when you have new paper qsl registered and validated by ARRL. Download is disabled by default.

• Alert engine fixes and optimizations.

• JT interface message parser has been completely rewrited.

• Added capability to read ADIF message 12 directly from WSJT-x (ADIF message).

Note: This option (new in configuration screen) should NOT be used with JTAlert automatic log options, JTAlert UDP ADIF send and WSJT-x native UDP ADIF send or you will probably log twice the same QSO.

• Small label fixes on User Interface.

• Popup alert for new releases added.

• Added supercluster connection status on cluster screen.

• Detailed logs added in case of failed upload to external services (payload provided is always saved when upload fails).

• UDP logs now shown on logfile only in DEBUG mode. That will provide better performances.

• EQSL data matching improved. Now received "SSB" will be searched also as "USB" and "LSB". USB and LSB are now searched in log as SSB also.

• Added 45 seconds maximum wait for TQSL to complete operations on program closure.

• [FIX] LOTW Upload confirmation from QSO Edit form fixed.

• [FIX] QSO already marked as received no more updated (initial eqsl download date preserved) in EQSL download.

• [FIX] Audio keyer won't stop PTT when message finishes.

• [FIX] Cluster visualization issue related to VOACAP calculations prevented data visualization.

• [FIX] Fixed issue on user specified login/password when connecting to cluster service.

• [FIX] Revised internal conversion from number to strings (ex. ADIF FREQ EXPORT).

• [FIX] Start-end date format fixed in contest configuration screen.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KE4BCN
Advanced Class

Re: Release note – Version 2.3.0.0

Post by KE4BCN »

Just installed lastest version. Having several problems with jtalert. I have same settings I had with version 2.2.0.0. I checked the new option for jt but it is unchecked. I have been getting lockups and if I do get it to log in log4om it does not clear the callsign field. I reinstalled version 2.2.0.0 and all is well. Is there something that has changed? I have read the release notes.
ei3grb
Novice Class

Post by ei3grb »

Just installed the latest Version, and no issues with JT alert or otherwise (that I can see)

Thanks again to the team for all the effort put into this.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KE4BCN wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 20:07 Just installed lastest version. Having several problems with jtalert. I have same settings I had with version 2.2.0.0. I checked the new option for jt but it is unchecked. I have been getting lockups and if I do get it to log in log4om it does not clear the callsign field. I reinstalled version 2.2.0.0 and all is well. Is there something that has changed? I have read the release notes.
Ross,

Please post screenshots of your V2 Configurations (with the latest release), Connections tab. And your JTDX Settings, Reporting tab. And your JTAlert Settings, Logging, Log4OM V2 tab, and the Applications, WSJT-X/JTDX tab.

This will be beneficial in trying to help you out.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KE4BCN
Advanced Class

Post by KE4BCN »

Ok here are a few snap shots. In version 2.2.0.0 when a callsign was logged or you cleared the callsign in jtalert it would clear the callsign in log4om. In 2.3.0.0 the callsign never clears unless you clear it yourself. Lockups seem to have cleared up after a few reinstalls..
Attachments
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.14 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.14 PM.PNG (47.94 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.11 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.11 PM.PNG (31.67 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.09 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 02-03-20 at 06.09 PM.PNG (35.54 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

OM,

Try this:
1. In the JTAlert settings, Log4OM V2 tab, uncheck the "Send WSJT-x DX Call to Log4OM.". We recommend you use the Rebroadcast method for better performance. We need to correct that in the Log4OM User's Guide.

2. In JTAlert settings, Applications/WSJT-X / JTDX tab, set the Rebroadcast settings per page 142 of the Log4OM User's Guide

3. In your Log4OM V2 Configurations, Connections tab, create a Port 1240 JT_MESSAGE connection for Rebroadcast. This is on page 140 of the Log4OM User's Manual.

4. In your Log4OM V2 Configurations, Connections tab, Remote Control tab, make sure you have enabled Remote Control on port 2241 - per page 140 of the Log4OM User's Guide.

5. In your JTDX Settings, Reporting tab, UDP Server section, check all three options to the right. Your middle one is unchecked. Again, see User's Guide on page 141.

That should give you better performance.

BTW, logging of a QSO via JTDX and JTAlert does not clear the callsign from the Log4OM main callsign field, as the callsign is still in the DX Call field of JTDX... But if you clear it from JTDX, it should clear from Log4OM. It does on my setup running 2.3.0.0.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

Two issues with the new version. One carried over from previous versions, and one new.

The new one - Propagation Tab (F9). Before, once a callsign was on the main UI, I could go to the Graph, Raw data, and see the plots and Raw data there. Now it says 'No data available' . It also does not reflect the band that is being used at the time. In my case it shows 20m even though I'm on 80m. With v 2.2.0.0 it showed the correct band.

The Cluster issue - Please use the following cluster to try and replicate the problem:

telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7001.

Let it run for 10 minutes minimum. See if it updates the spots.

Thanks,

Vince
Last edited by va3vf on 04 Feb 2020, 04:04, edited 4 times in total.
NN7D
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by NN7D »

va3vf wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:38 The new one - Propagation Tab (F9). Before, once a callsign was on the main UI, I could go to the Graph, Raw data, and see the plots and RAW data there. Now it says 'No data available' .
Working fine for me. V 2.3.0.0.

Doug - W7DRM
Doug - NN7D
Gig Harbor, WA, USA
va3vf
Advanced Class

Post by va3vf »

Hi Doug,

>>Working fine for me. V 2.3.0.0.

Downgraded to v 2.2.0.0 = works;
Upgraded to v 2.3.0.0 again = does not work.

Not sure what it is, but it did change for me.

Vince
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please please please post these reports to the appropriate topic, we now have several issues in one single thread which makes it difficult to track issues.

Lele - Perhaps in future we can lock release information so that no one can post to the topic
73 Terry G4POP