Operator Name and Picture not populating

General discussions V2
w1wra
Novice Class

Operator Name and Picture not populating

Post by w1wra »

I had everything working on 2.2. When I upgraded to 2.3, Operator and Picture remain blank until I log call.

More background:

This happens when running WSJT-X (2.1.2) and JTAlert 2.15.8. I am a paid QRZ subscriber, and this is what I am using as my primary information source. When I was running 2.2, if I would click a call in JTAlert it would populate all the fields in L4OM. Now, Operator name and picture always remain blank. When I log the QSO, the name does get populated into the L4OM logfile.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may of changed, or what to double check? Operating in this fashion is not the end of the world, but it was nice when it was all working seemlessly.

Thanks,
Bill
73 de Bill W1WRA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Operator Name and Picture not populating

Post by G4POP »

Bill
Check what version of Log4om your using, if it's the latest 2.3》》》》 then download the user guide and see the revised set up details for JTALERT/WSJT
73 Terry G4POP
w1wra
Novice Class

Post by w1wra »

Ah, very good.

It all works now. I had to force update the manual for the application.
I see the slight differences, and now things are working as expected again.

Thanks for the quick response (and well written manual).

Bill
73 de Bill W1WRA
KW4AU
Novice Class

Post by KW4AU »

Thank you Terry... I had a very similar problem, so I downloaded the manual again to be sure. I had simply plugged the QRZ info into the upload logs section but not into the Info Providers section! It's always the little things.

I appreciate your efforts. I love this software.

Kyle
KW4AU