Callsign Lookup Breaks after WSJT-X or FLDigi QSO

General discussions V2
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Callsign Lookup Breaks after WSJT-X or FLDigi QSO

Post by N4PYI »

I am noticing since update to 2.3 that when I work a QSO using WSJT-X or FL Digi, when the callsign is populated into Log4OM V2 it breaks the call sign lookup. So, you don't get all the info from the lookup as it is not going out to QRZ etc to pull in the information. All lookups after the QSO fail. The only way to get it back is to restart Log4OM V2. Has anyone else seen this?
Log4OMV2 Broken Lookup.jpg
Log4OMV2 Broken Lookup.jpg (182.11 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Thanks
Brad, N4PYI

PS Love the new version.
Brad, N4PYI
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Re: Callsign Lookup Breaks after WSJT-X or FLDigi QSO

Post by N4PYI »

After posting this, I ran debug in Log4OMV2 and then saved the log. It looks like the searches after the QSO are putting the callsign in the country field. I have attached the log here. If you search the log for the callsign K1CP you will see that search worked. All others after that fail.

Thanks Terry for a great logging program! Hope this helps.

Brad, N4PYI
Lookup failure.txt
(35.12 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Brad, N4PYI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Clearly there is something amiss but its impossible for us to define the problem from your log file extract.

I have just tested with WSJT and as you can see from the image below its working fine for me.

Lookup.jpg
Lookup.jpg (134.97 KiB) Viewed 3093 times

What version of Log4OM are you using (Help/About)?

Have you downloaded a fresh version of the user guide which details the different set ups due to changes in the way we are gathering the information from other software?

Was it working and then stopped working or has it never worked for you?
73 Terry G4POP
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Post by N4PYI »

Terry,

After running debug and looking at the logs I found that JT Alert was closing port 2241. I went back and reconfigured Log4OM and WSJT-X to send the callsign information and the logging information directly to Log4OM from WSJT-X and everything started working again. I am not sure why JT Alert was closing the port, and have not had time to get back to it and do more research. It looks like the problem lies with JT Alert.

Thanks
Brad, N4PYI
Brad, N4PYI
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Post by N4PYI »

And yes, it did work prior to my intergating FLDigi to the best of my knowledge. At least I only noticed it after I integrated FLDigi.

Thanks for your help and for Log4OM. I really like the software.
Brad, N4PYI
N4PYI
Advanced Class

Post by N4PYI »

Terry,

I did go back and check the date on the manual that I used to set up WSJT-X and JT Alert the first time. It was dated in January. I downloaded the latest and did the configuration as instructed in that one and it works perfectly.

Thanks
Brad, N4PYI