DX Cluster shows CW stations with PHONE filter selected.

General discussions V2
WA2SQQ
Old Man

DX Cluster shows CW stations with PHONE filter selected.

Post by WA2SQQ »

Just noticed that while on 20m (phone), the DX Cluster's filter, with phone selected. is showing several CW stations. Frequencies are 14.105.9, 14.109.3 and 14.127/ What's even stranger is that if I change the filter to CW, these stations do not show up

As far as I know, these frequencies are not within any phone band globally
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: DX Cluster shows CW stations with PHONE filter selected.

Post by DF5WW »

What is the line you referring to ... Is it "Spot Mode" or is it "Emission Type" ? The last one should be show
the correct one "Spot Mode" grabs from the clusters the spotted mode. By the way, CW is allowed in the
whole band ....

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

It is showing actual stations and their operating frequencies, who are using cow, while the phone filter was selected. CW was not selected
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

My question was about the field in the cluster you´re referring to. The reason is that Spot Mode is the mode who was spottetd
by the user which send this spot. Emission Type is the field you have looking for. If that field showing Phone all is correct.

1.png
1.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

Perhaps I’m not getting something that has changed in V2. In the filter drop down I have phone selected. I’m seeing stations operating in the cw portion of the band popping up I the cluster spots. V1 never did this.
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

I have always had the issue including V1.

I dont think there is any way a logging program can control it. It just does its best based on how its spotted and the band plan xml file in log4OM which I have edited to meet my needs a little better.

I notice it worse during contest when a given mode starts moving into what is typically different mode portions of the band.

Below is the 20m portion of the XML file.

<BandPlanRange>
<Band>20m</Band>
<Start>14000</Start>
<End>14070</End>
<EmissionType>CW</EmissionType>
<ModulationType>USB</ModulationType>
</BandPlanRange>
<BandPlanRange>
<Band>20m</Band>
<Start>14070</Start>
<End>14150</End>
<EmissionType>DIGITAL</EmissionType>
</BandPlanRange>
<BandPlanRange>
<Band>20m</Band>
<Start>14150</Start>
<End>14350</End>
<EmissionType>PHONE</EmissionType>
</BandPlanRange>
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
WA2SQQ
Old Man

Post by WA2SQQ »

So, in the example I posted I had the “phone” filter selected. Two CW stations, operating at 14.105 & 14.109, were displayed amidst the phone stations. This suggests that the band plan XML file each user is using may not be the file that is being used. In my case that would be the “291” file.

Let’s all remember that V2 was just rolled out. Given the lack of a response, I have a feeling that the team is aware of this and likely working on it. Everyone needs to be patient and continue to share feedback in a courteous manner. ThIs is till the best logging program I’ve ever used!