Raspberry Pi and LOG4OM

General discussions V2
KN4ORP
Novice Class

Raspberry Pi and LOG4OM

Post by KN4ORP »

Is anyone running LOG4OM on a Raspberry pi. If so how did you do it?
K7KB
Novice Class

Re: Raspberry Pi and LOG4OM

Post by K7KB »

David, as you probably know already, the Raspberry Pi runs a Debian version of Linux. As far as I know, but correct me if I'm wrong, there has never been a Linux version of Log4OM released. So the only way you might get it running on Linux would be to use a Windows 10 emulator like Wine, Crossover Linux, and others. Even if you could get it to run, I wouldn't expect it to be a speed demon even if you had a Pi 4B with 4GB of ram.

There are some native Linux logging programs that look fairly decent like CQRLOG, and be sure to join the RigPi groups.io group at:

https://groups.io/g/RigPi

Run by Howard Nurse who is doing quite a bit of hardware and software development for the Pi, especially the MFJ-1234 RigPi station controller.

John K7KB
ac8jw
Novice Class

Post by ac8jw »

Just a word of caution. Wine works on intel and amd processors but not on ARM processors which are used by Raspberry Pi.
N5ZY
Novice Class

Post by N5ZY »

Having nothing but trouble since this summer with W10 and USB Audio CODECs with WSJT-X, I too am moving to using the Raspberry Pi 4 for connectivity to the radios and running WSJT-X... and will use the network logging to log from the Pi to Log4OM.. I will run the Pi headless and just RDP into it.
It would be good though if there was some kind of log interface on the Pi however for PSK31, etc..

N5ZY.
ve3wej
Old Man

Post by ve3wej »

just another pi option, run gridtracker on the pi, and it can forward to log4om, or any other log in the list
this would mean log4om would still have to be on a PC, and instant knowing of worked before may not work