McAfee Firewall Problems

General discussions V2
K5CKS
Advanced Class

McAfee Firewall Problems

Post by K5CKS »

I am experiencing McAfee Firewall problems. McAfee appears to be blocking file updates requested by Log4OM. I am also being "Blocked" from using the Forums site unless I turn the Firewall off. This all seemed to start within the last two weeks. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
Thanks & 73... stay in good health all

Rory, K5CKS
Attachments
Firewall error
Firewall error
ip access error_2.jpg (88.18 KiB) Viewed 1954 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: McAfee Firewall Problems

Post by KI5IO »

K5CKS wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 18:57 I am experiencing McAfee Firewall problems. McAfee appears to be blocking file updates requested by Log4OM. I am also being "Blocked" from using the Forums site unless I turn the Firewall off. This all seemed to start within the last two weeks. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
Thanks & 73... stay in good health all

Rory, K5CKS
Rory,

Stop using McAfee. I've used that and so many of the other "big name" and "expensive" products all with mostly dismal results.

I cleaned them all out many years ago and went back to default of Microsoft/Windows Defender. In my now 8-10 years back with Defender I've not had any hiccups or invasions or such.

But ... we each need to choose what we are comfortable with.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4IPB
New user

Re: McAfee Firewall Problems

Post by G4IPB »

same issue

It spotted some traffic on a port and blocked the ip address. In order to make the interface more user friendly it was difficult to manage BUT
eventually I managed to set it so that the ip address was trusted. So Firewall on and programme working. Apologies but it took me ages to find the right menu item.

I *think* I went to settings --> Firewall -> Net Guard --> Allow 94.63.24.40

Hope that might be useful.

( McAfee works fine on this PC and only occasionally seems to need a tweak! )

Paul