ADIF Export Issue

General discussions V2
KC4JNW
Novice Class

ADIF Export Issue

Post by KC4JNW »

On the just completed CQ WW WPX SSB contest I used LOG4OM V2 in the contest mode since I am not a "big" operator. I exported my contest log to an ADIF format using Log4OM. 

I ran the log through the CQ WPX ADIF to Cabrillo file converter and ended up with an error for each contact (or at least the first 50 errors). All the errors are the same - the exchange serial numbers are missing after the conversion. The serial numbers are in the .adi file that I submitted to the converter under the column headings of "SRX_STRING" and "STX_STRING".

Would this be a problem with the Log4OM ADIF export or the Cabrillo file converter.

Is there another Cabrillo file converter that would work with the Log4OM ADIF exported file?

Thanks
Jim - KC4JNW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: ADIF Export Issue

Post by G4POP »

If the serial numbers are in the adif export I would have to suspect the converter
73 Terry G4POP
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Post by G4NVB »

KC4JNW wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 02:06Is there another Cabrillo file converter that would work with the Log4OM ADIF exported file.
Have a look at http://sp7dqr.pl/en/converters.php
73 de David G4NVB
KC4JNW
Novice Class

Post by KC4JNW »

I had also sent a note to the CQ WPX Director prior to posting here. Here is the response:

"I am sorry that you ran into a problem with the adif converter. You uncovered a bug in how the correct adif tags are selected. We believed we have fixed the problem."

Reran the log this morning and it converted without any errors.

Jim - KC4JNW
IK0TIX
Advanced Class

Post by IK0TIX »

Jim,
as said by David G4NVB, use the SP7DPR software but use the settings that I show you:
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (104.17 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
Max IK0TIX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KC4JNW wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 14:03 I had also sent a note to the CQ WPX Director prior to posting here. Here is the response:

"I am sorry that you ran into a problem with the adif converter. You uncovered a bug in how the correct adif tags are selected. We believed we have fixed the problem."

Reran the log this morning and it converted without any errors.

Jim - KC4JNW

Thank you for the update
73 Terry G4POP