N1MM+ Integration The Easy Way

General discussions V2
K0HB
Old Man

N1MM+ Integration The Easy Way

Post by K0HB »

In another thread I had a conversation with Terry about integrating N1MM+.

A little background.....

When contesting, I would like that my contest QSO's from N1MM+ would simultaneously be recorded in both my contest log on N1MM+ and also in my aggregated station log on Log4OM v2. This is possible using the UDP facilities in each program.

But there is a glitch....

N1MM+ & Log4OM don't play nice when each wants to control the CAT on my FTdx5000.

So in order to link both logs, you must disable the CAT in Log4OM. Then, when the contest is over and you wish to use Log4OM for "normal" logging, you must go back and turn the CAT facility on again. Sort of a PITA!

But behold, there is a wonderful solution.....

You can have multiple configurations of Log4OM on your desktop!

Here is how.....

In Log4OM v2

1) Select menu Settings > Program Configuration

2) In the resulting dialog screen, select User Configuration

3) Then click the "Clone current config" icon. (See image below) This will produce a new duplicate of your original configuration.

4) Click the dropdown arrow (right of Configuation ID box) and select the new ID. The "Description" box will be empty. Fill it in with a name for this ID (I used "N1MM".)

5) Under the Description box, click the "Make Configuration Active" icon (Green check mark).

6) On the menu on the left side of the page, click CAT interface.

7) Go to page 159 of the Log4OM user manual. Perform ONLY steps 3, 4, and 5 on that page.

8) On the menu on the left side of the page, click User Configuration.

9) Click the "Create link" icon (far right icon under Description box). In the resulting "Browse" dialog, select "Desktop" and click OK.

10) At the top menu on this page, click Save and apply (small green check).

11) Exit Log4OM.

12) Launch N1MM+

13) Go to page 159 of the Log4OM user manual. Perform steps 1 and 2 on that page.

14) Exit N1MM+

You now will have two Log4OM 2 icons on your desktop.....

The original icon will launch your standard configuration of Log4OM for your normal day-to-day logging.

The new icon will launch the configuration which will accept QSO's from N1MM without CAT interference. No more need to remember to go in and fiddle with the configuration menu before a contest weekend.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: N1MM+ Integration The Easy Way

Post by G4POP »

You got it partly correct but you dont need two shortcuts on the desktop and you dont need to close and restart Log4OM, that takes unnecessary time and effort!

Just select the other configuration in the Program Configuration, make it active and click save and close.

The program will automatically refresh and be ready to use immediately (No need to restart Log4OM)
73 Terry G4POP
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

G4POP wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 07:57 You got it partly correct but .....
For my needs I got it precisely correct.

When I walk into my shack to operate, I am either intending to......

1) Do some normal day-to-day operating, or....

2) Operate in a contest.

One, only one, click on the desktop, and the appropriate configuration of Log4OM is launched.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
n4et
Novice Class

Post by n4et »

I've been attempting to integrate N1MM+ and Log4OM Ver 2 and have run across the thread below on 1 Apr 2020. However, one step of the integration refers to the following the steps of page 159 of the LOG4OM user manual. The page number does not refer to the current released user manual, nor an older one that I have saved from Feb 2020. The discussion was about CAT settings that have to be disabled for the integration to work. Can someone please direct me to the section (page number) in the current user manual that I can follow to continue with my integration. Thanks.
Mark Wagner, N4ET
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Please consult the latest user guide page 187 which has the full integration.

Its always wise to download the latest user guide for the latest information because Log4OM is a constantly evolving software.

The user guide is searchable so if a page number changes just use the PDF search facility
73 Terry G4POP
n4et
Novice Class

Post by n4et »

Thank you. I did get N1MM+ Integrated with LOG4OM V2. I also created a new configuration for LOG4OM V2 for working in this mode with N1MM+
Mark Wagner, N4ET
NI4TG
Novice Class

Post by NI4TG »

Is it also possible to use a com sharing software, to allow both to use the same cable ? I would like to have the N1MM panadaptor running along with Log4OM 2.