Performance issue / question

General discussions V2
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Performance issue / question

Post by G4POP »

K5YE wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 23:22 ok I did the reinstall instructions. I also found a setting when I was going through this that I think was causing most of my issue.
So between the two, things are much better.

The setting that made the most difference... the default row count appears to be 5000 for the qso qsl manager pages etc.. I changed that setting to 100 and its working much better. my log is near 5000 QSOs.. so if I left one of those screens open and did a qso, when they refreshed it was loading the whole log. If I want to see the whole log or more that 100, I can always change it on that screen in the bottom left and override the 100.
I thought I had messed this up and set that to 5000 but it was set to 5000 on the clean install. So maybe a lower default would work better for some.

Thanks,
Will
On your machine the number of displayed QSO's should not make any difference with that number of QSO's

I have over 30,000 QSO's in my log with the display set to 5K and its really quick and I only have an old i5 PC

If it is making a big difference on your PC then it seems to me that perhaps you have a graphics driver issue with the PC, have you done all the latest updates?

Take a look at some of my YouTube tutorials to get an impression of the speed of my set up which is actually slower than normal because of recording the video at the same time.

Also what other programs are running on your PC at the same time, not necessarily radio related program's?
73 Terry G4POP